Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900779
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: All In One bench test

Post by Beagle Beagle »

Marty, I have gone over those input instructions and have gone back into those screens a dozen time just to make sure I didn't over look anything. On the other hand Josh. I did get into the MDI screen and put in what you posted and it tells me it's a bad M3 code.
Bridgeport V2XT, All In One DC #A900779. Using existing SEM motors 112 Volt. Spindle to be controlled by Lenze AC Tech VFD mod #ESV222N02YXB. Machine is being run on 208 3Phase power.
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

If you bought it from centroid call them and ask for support
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
AcornJosh
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by AcornJosh »

We found the issue to be the Analog DAC dip switchs were set incorrectly. When set to Up, down, up, down, up for 0-10Volt, the Analog out worked correctly.
This can be found on page 109 of the manual.
martyscncgarage

AcornJosh wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:16 pm We found the issue to be the Analog DAC dip switchs were set incorrectly. When set to Up, down, up, down, up for 0-10Volt, the Analog out worked correctly.
This can be found on page 109 of the manual.
Did the original poster change those switches Josh?
Marty
Mesa, AZ
AcornJosh
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by AcornJosh »

Yeah, we worked on it over the phone. Its not spelled out in the manual clearly. The dip switches are suppose to be set at Centroid to 0-10v but it must have been missed or bumped in shipping. I am adding a troubleshooting tip to check them in the Install manual.
martyscncgarage

AcornJosh wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:56 pm Yeah, we worked on it over the phone. Its not spelled out in the manual clearly. The dip switches are suppose to be set at Centroid to 0-10v but it must have been missed or bumped in shipping. I am adding a troubleshooting tip to check them in the Install manual.
Maybe a Tech bulletin (if not already there) on this topic would be a good idea....
Thanks for helping out Josh!
Marty
Mesa, AZ
Beagle Beagle
Acorn CNC Controller: No

Post by Beagle Beagle »

Well now that little problem went away which I was the one that sorta figured it out. Took all of ten minutes. I'm stuck with the next issue. Let me first go over what I did.
1. Turn on my limit switches
2. Turned my parameters all red again
3. Checked all the encoders and there putting out 8000 per turn
4. I'm getting 24vdc at all my limits off the board as well as lube and emergency stop.
5. I have not hooked up the wiring to the VFI yet as I was waiting to get past the servo part first.
When I power up the emergency contactor pulls in but soon after opens. I'm not getting power from the board (H6 #1 out). I don't see any faults and I cycle the mushroom for the hell of it but nothing. Any ideas guys as of this point I'm totally lost. Bob L
Bridgeport V2XT, All In One DC #A900779. Using existing SEM motors 112 Volt. Spindle to be controlled by Lenze AC Tech VFD mod #ESV222N02YXB. Machine is being run on 208 3Phase power.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

If INP9 "LubeOk" shows Red on the Alt-i screen, and you measure around +24VDC from the INP9 terminal to DC common, then your low-lube input is open. That is either because your lube tank is low; or your float switch is normally-open; or you have not wired anything to INP9. You will have a Lube Fault condition, and the control will not close OUT1 "NoFaultOut".

If INP10 "SpindleInverterOk" shows Red on the Alt-i screen, and you measure around +24VDC from the INP10 terminal to DC common, then your spindle-okay input is open. That is either because your spindle drive is faulted; or your spindle drive not-fault signal is normally-open; or you have not wired anything to INP10.

Same for INP11 "EStopOk". If you "cycle the mushroom", but "nothing", then you do not have your emergency stop button correctly wired to INP11.

Perhaps you could post a Report; and post a close-up picture of your Allin1DC input terminals wiring; and post a couple pictures of the CNC12 screen with the Alt-i display showing, both with emergency stop pressed in, and with emergency stop released.
Beagle Beagle
Acorn CNC Controller: No

Post by Beagle Beagle »

Thanks for the quick reply. Found first problem. Lube pump float switch is NO. See if a different one is available on Monday. The emergency switch is wire NC on both circuits. I didn't put two and two together that the spindle fault needs to be connected until you posted. Since I'm using a Lenze VID which doesn't match up to anything on the diagram that Centroid provides. Another Monday thing. Failure is not on the table here but this constant waiting game is is getting old. This project would be much easier is I had the time to work on it consistently. Thanks again, Bob L
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Beagle Beagle wrote:Failure is not on the table here but this constant waiting game is is getting old. This project would be much easier is I had the time to work on it consistently.
You always have the option of hiring professional help. Ed Tremblay at East Coast EDM / Remedy Machine Sales in Levittown PA, and Todd Ferrence at Electro-Mechanical Integrators (EMI) in Green Lane PA, both have lots of experience with Centroid control integration.