All In One bench test

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

cncsnw

Re: All In One bench test

Post by cncsnw »

That's what limit switches are for.
Since you have not yet verified that you have the limit switches wired to the correct inputs, there is no guarantee that tripping the switch is going to reduce current to the motor in that direction.

For example, if your installation does NOT require direction reversal on the X axis, then you wire the X minus limit to INP1, and the X plus limit to INP2. If your installation DOES require direction reversal on the X axis, then you wire the X minus limit to INP2, and the X plus limit to INP1.

You won't know whether you require direction reversal until you get the current power/encoder mismatch sorted out.

If an axis is running away in the plus direction, and you trip open its minus-limit inhibit to the drive, it will continue running away until stopped by either the "410 ... position error" stall condition or the "411 ... full power without motion" stall condition, or you press Emergency Stop.

That is why, if you are doing this sort of test with the motor coupled to the machine, you do it starting in the middle of travel, and you do it with one hand on the jog button and the other hand on Emergency Stop.
Beagle Beagle
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900779
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by Beagle Beagle »

Not it doesn't. It's missing so much info it's pathetic. Turn off you parameters for a bench test. Show me were it tells you to turn them back on? The instructions are nothing but crap. They assumes your using all new components when your not and doesn't give detail to 50% of the buyers that are not. Shove it pal.
Bridgeport V2XT, All In One DC #A900779. Using existing SEM motors 112 Volt. Spindle to be controlled by Lenze AC Tech VFD mod #ESV222N02YXB. Machine is being run on 208 3Phase power.
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

cncsnw wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:44 am You have INP1 through INP6, plus INP10 and INP11, inverted.

This means you previously used the Alt-i screen to invert them, one at a time, using the Ctrl-Alt-i key combination.

Now you need to go back to the Alt-i screen; highlight each of those eight inputs in turn, and press Ctrl-Alt-i again, so that the overscore (little white line above the colored dot) goes away, and the dot changes to green.
this doc may help as well.

https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... screen.pdf
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Beagle Beagle

Post by Beagle Beagle »

As I said earlier on. The machine is fully operational as far wiring goes. All my limits, lube, spindle fault are hooked up and functioning. Yes, that is exactly how I run the motors. with one hand on the mushroom button. The first time it took off on me it hit the limit and died. The machine is functioning. I just got to work though the corks. I tried what Marty had suggested and swapped my power leads into the motors and then they don't run at all. I get an error message "power with no movement". So I guess the question is why are the motor running a muck and not jogging.
Bridgeport V2XT, All In One DC #A900779. Using existing SEM motors 112 Volt. Spindle to be controlled by Lenze AC Tech VFD mod #ESV222N02YXB. Machine is being run on 208 3Phase power.
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

FPWOM means the control is commanding the motor to move but doesn't see any movement from the encoder.
there are several things that cause this. Two common ones are:

1.) No DC servo power supplied to the Allin1DC
2.) Encoders not plugged in or plugged into the wrong encoder port not matching the motor they are on.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Beagle Beagle

Post by Beagle Beagle »

If I had no servo power the motors, they wouldn't be moving at all. All encoders checked out when I spun the motors belts by hand and register on the screen when the motors are energized. Bob
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

If the control says "411 ... full power without motion", then it is not seeing any motion from the encoder. Not on that axis, at that time, anyway.

If the axis really is moving (and, presumably, running away) then the problem is with encoder feedback.

Since you are apparently not getting "412 ... differential error" messages, and you have not defeated differential errors, we can assume that there is a valid encoder signal connected to each of the three axis encoder inputs.

One way to cause the problems you report, would be to have the encoder signals crossed: e.g. X encoder connected to Y input; Y encoder connected to Z input; etc..

Another possibility is the mechanical coupling inside the motor cap. That is less likely, though, because even if it were slipping, it would probably move enough counts to prevent the "411 ... full power without motion" condition.

Can you post a short video showing the screen, with the PID Configuration page selected (F1/Setup -> F3/Config -> "137" -> F4/PID), while you attempt to jog one of your axes? Include narration telling what the motor itself is doing at the time.