Aftershock
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

**Resolved** Attempting to upgrade Linux CNC10

Post by Aftershock »

My old version is 1.32. I Started by upgrading the PC to one that meets the specs needed by 2.72 and replacing the flash card reader with one that would support the new 2G card I bought. Everything was up and running with the new hardware on version 1.32. I used the helper scripts to create the backup and then restore. After reboot, the 2.72 instance still did not show anything unlocked. I actually had 2 cards because I had bought one to upgrade my other mill. I had installed 2.68 on that a while back, but never finished the upgrade. I put that one in, did the restore and it came up with the permanent unlock. So the steps I performed would seem to be correct. I then tried to backup from the 2.68 version and restore to the 2.72 version. That did not work either. So I put the 2.68 card back in and tried to run a program. When it gets to the point of starting the spindle, I get a message waiting on memory #69(M6). The spindle never turns on. I am wondering if this has something to do with the new version supporting spindle speed, but I don't have the hardware to support that.
Centroid_Liviu
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes

Re: Attempting to upgrade Linux CNC10

Post by Centroid_Liviu »

There were some changes in the way unlocks were handled after 2.70 , please take a look at TB243: Restoring Configuration and Unlocks From a Report onto CNC10 v2.70+. It also includes details on parameters that should be changed from your old configuration.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. https://www.viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
Aftershock

Post by Aftershock »

I followed that document and am now unlocked in 2.72. I still get waiting on memory #69(M6) after tool load and pressing cycle start.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

It sounds like you have a custom M6 macro in place for an automatic tool changer.

Does your machine have an automatic tool changer?

If it does, maybe you have the wrong PLC program or wrong macro in place.

If it does not, then you need to delete the custom M6 (file named cnc10.m6 in the /cncroot/c/cnc10 directory).
Aftershock

Post by Aftershock »

Up and running on 2.72

I tried upgrading from 2.68 to 2.72 when the 1.32 to 2.72. The 2.68 version was for an ATC. The .m6 file got copied to the 2.72 so after I got the unlocks transferred, that file was still there.