Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

cable schematics

Post by missouri100 »

I have been all over the website looking for cable schematics that match what I have. I am connecting the M400 with CNCPC to an Oak board. I also purchased the 16' long conduit and cable assembly to go between the two. I can't find anything that specifically identifies the cables in the assembly and the wire colors I have do not match their drawings, and in at least one case the connector doesn't match, specifically the OAK OPERATOR CONTROL PANEL CONNECTOR on the drawing titled OAK CABLES doesn't match my cable. The wire colors don't match but the pin usage on the connector matches on the oak board end. I can't find a connector on the M400 end that matches the cable. In that drawing it would lead you to believe the E Stop wiring is in that cable and it is not. In a nutshell, the drawings and cables just don't match. Has anyone ran across this? Can anyone tell me where to plug in the OAK OPERATOR CONTROL PANEL CONNECTOR on the M400 end? If someone can tell me that, maybe I can see what doesn't match.

thanks
donnie
cncsnw

Re: cable schematics

Post by cncsnw »

An M39 jog panel cable, which leads from Oak to a handheld pendant (pn11077) is made from 12-conductor (6-pair) Belden cable, and includes the emergency stop circuits.

An M400 cable set is made with separate jog panel and E-stop cables, using West Penn cable products. The jog panel uses a 4-pair #3653 cable (white pair is not used); and the E-stop uses 4-conductor #3244 cable.

In an M400 console, the jog panel cable should have an 8-pin 0.100" KK connector, and it plugs into the "CPU10" header on the back of the jog panel. The E-stop cable should have two different two-pin Molex connectors on it (one with 0.062" pins, one with 0.093" pins), and it plugs into matching connectors on pigtails on the back of the emergency stop button.

An M400 PC console cable bundle includes:
Ethernet (CAT5e shielded, RJ45)
AC power (18-3 SO cord, 0.093" 3-position Molex)
Ground wire (12ga MTW, bare end or ring lug)
E-stop circuits (18-4 shielded, Mini-Fit Jr. to 2x 2-position Molex)
Jog panel (22-4pr shielded, Mini-Fit Jr. to 0.100" KK)
MPG (??-?? shielded, JST to 28-position CPC)
cncsnw

Re: cable schematics

Post by cncsnw »

Most Oak and Allin1DC whole-system schematics -- for example, S14765 for an Oak 3-axis mill with Yaskawa drives -- have blocks near the bottom showing the cable ends for multiple configurations: M39 pendant, M400 PC console, and sometimes M400 console w/o PC.

Which whole-system schematic are you using for reference?

What wire colors are in the cables you received?

What types of connectors are on the ends?