Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Plcio2 spindle speed

Post by Extreme Industrial »

On the plcio what is the required I/O's mems and stages to get the 0-10v output for the spindle speed? This control at one time ran an ATC, but I put it on another machine without an ATC. I have tried multiple CPU cards, and another plcio2 and can not get it to go. I have tried the standard plc that are available for download as well. I get forward in reverse output and have the proper voltage going in and have replaced the power supply as well. When I push the spindle start button, the only I/o that changes is input 68.
Thank you hope all is well.
Attachments
report.zip
Latest
(74.76 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
LaMont Bailey
CEO
Extreme Industrial
http://www.extremeindustrial.com
Extreme Industrial
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes

Re: Plcio2 spindle speed

Attachments
PXL_20210126_194041312.jpg
LaMont Bailey
CEO
Extreme Industrial
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

The PLC program should set MEM78 on (green) when the spindle is to run.
Parameter 31 should be set to -1.

Since you seem to have both of those things in place, it is probably a hardware issue.
I get forward in reverse output and have the proper voltage going in and have replaced the power supply as well. When I push the spindle start button, the only I/o that changes is input 68.
Those things are contradictory. If you have selected Manual spindle mode (AUTO/MAN LED is off), and you press the spindle start key, then not only should INP68 be green for as long as you hold the key down, but OUT14 and MEM78 should both turn green, and stay green until you press the spindle stop key.

If OUT14 and MEM78 do not turn green and stay green, then some PLC logic condition is preventing the spindle from starting (limit tripped, not in manual spindle mode, probe apparently connected, etc.).
Extreme Industrial
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes

Thanks Marc, to clarify, I get forward AND reverse on output 15 as I should, not the same time. Auto/man spindle key functions fine, but I do not get output 14 spin enable. par#31 is set to -1. All limits good, no probe, in manual mode. in auto, M3/m4 does not work either.

Thank you again
LaMont Bailey
CEO
Extreme Industrial
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

How do you mean you "get forward and reverse on output 15", when you say you "do not get output 14 spin enable"?

In a normal installation, output 14 feeds into output 15. If output 14 were not turning on, you would not see an active signal on either contact (NC or NO) of output 15.

Referring to the Alt-i display, when you give a command to start the spindle, does OUT14 turn green, or not?

What kind of VFD are you using? How do you have its control terminals connected to the OUT14 and OUT15 relays on the PLC?