Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900928
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Only 1 limit switch

Post by Craig »

Beagle Beagle wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:52 pm If this is a Bridgeport look a like and you have a switch at each end of travel. You can easily make them into independent limit switches as long as you can wire them for normally closed.
The Z does have 2 switches, the X and Y are only 1. They are all NC.
Beagle Beagle
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900779

Post by Beagle Beagle »

Craig, It's a no brainer. Two heavy duty SEALED Honeywell push switches (E-Bay dirt cheap). All ya need is a stop on the casting below the table at the center of travel. Mount your switches on the table just short of travel in each direction. They don't have to be adjustable and your done. If ya need more guidance sent me a picture and I'll whip ya a solution. Bob L
Bridgeport V2XT, All In One DC #A900779. Using existing SEM motors 112 Volt. Spindle to be controlled by Lenze AC Tech VFD mod #ESV222N02YXB. Machine is being run on 208 3Phase power.
PatF10
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by PatF10 »

Craig wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:10 pm I’m not complaining, just trying to get it to work. Can someone post a limit switch link and I’ll buy some more switches
Thanks
So like he said, what is the schematic for running it this way temporarily. I also have an anilam conversion. My mill is setup with one switch. I will likely move to two but would be nice to do some testing with one.
xr4x4ti

Post by xr4x4ti »

So like he said, what is the schematic for running it this way temporarily. I also have an anilam conversion. My mill is setup with one switch. I will likely move to two but would be nice to do some testing with one.
Only wire the switch to one limit switch input for each axis. Wire it to the side that will also be the side that will home the machine. Disable the opposite side limit switch with the dip switches on the board (Allin1DC).

Setup the travel limits such that it never hits the opposite mechanical limit of travel and thus never hits the switch. (The single switch will still protect the machine since it will still change state on the other end of travel, it will just tell the machine the wrong side has been hit)

In the setup screen where you specify the home and limit switches, put 0's (Zero's) where you don't have a switch wired up.

I hope this makes sense.

Tim
manni