Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 30030
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

New To Centroid, Bought a Centroid Equipped Mori Lathe

Post by keithwhite »

So I bought a Mori SL1 with a centroid conversion already done. The PC is running linux apparently and it shows CNC 10 lathe V2.36.

I have a Haas VF0 and it was easy to figure out and get up and running quickly. I am having all kinds of issues learning this lathe.

Can anyone provide an operators manual for CNC10? Anyone know how old this version is? I cant find any info at all about it. I have a pendant from another machine ( an old Mitsubishi laser) can I wire this into this controller?

This biggest issue I am having so far is I cant figure out the tool offsets. When I set the offsets per the instructions on the V12 manual I found, and I go in to MDI, I can issue a x0y0 command and tool 1 does as I would expect, goes right to where I set it, But all of the other tools go to weird locations that dont make sense. I used the "paper method" and tried a haimer 3D taster as well to see if that would give me better results. I cant wait to put this thing to work, but I cant even get the tools set yet.
cncsnw

Re: New To Centroid, Bought a Centroid Equipped Mori Lathe

Post by cncsnw »

If you are getting unexpected results, you should describe here the setup (with just two or three tools, to start with); describe the steps you took; and post a Report made from the control just after you did the setups.

That will make it easier for us to see where things might have gone wrong.

See http://www.cncsnw.com/report.htm
The report will include the WCS offsets, tool geometry offsets, tool wear offsets, and the X and Z reference dimensions. All those things are relevant when troubleshooting tool setup issues, so it is easier to just post a report than to try to tell us every number that may be important.

When you used MDI to move a different tool to X0Z0, did you enter a full T code (tool number plus offsets number) at the MDI prompt also, so that the control would apply the appropriate tool offsets? Or did you just index the turret around with the Aux keys, then enter only "X0Z0" at the MDI prompt?