Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: a900749
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Reusing Anilam snubbers & capacitor?

Post by warnerr »

They work great in new system. I chose to use all three caps and its working well.
eng199
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by eng199 »

Craig wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:16 pm I’m sure I do I just don’t know what I’m looking for and the same would be true for in rush protection, again I don’t know my electrical components well enough To know what I am looking for. Call I could post some more pictures if somebody thinks they can help me identify the rectifier, I just thought for the low dollar amount that they have on the Centroid rectifier I would buy it
The rectifier is the little black box hanging off the orange and grey wires in your first picture. The red disk is the inrush limiter. The tan square stick on top of the capacitor is a bleed down resistor to prevent the capacitor from staying charged when the system is off.
martyscncgarage

Post by martyscncgarage »

Craig wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:42 am After reading your two responses I was convinced to save the $120 and reuse my capacitor but buy this

3F89DFCC-5EC9-4FCB-B79B-F75B213E7ED6.jpeg

Now I notice what it says, “requires a 12,000+ MFD or higher capacitor” and I wonder if the two components won’t work together?
The center to center post is unique to the Capacitor that Centroid uses. Likely will not fit your capacitor (ask me how I know this)
Its not a terribly expensive assembly, and they fit nicely under the All in One DC
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Not unique, but not universal either.

Craig did already say his capacitor measures 1.125" between the terminals, so the CAPBRDLO should fit.
Craig
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900928

Post by Craig »

eng199 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:39 am
Craig wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:16 pm I’m sure I do I just don’t know what I’m looking for and the same would be true for in rush protection, again I don’t know my electrical components well enough To know what I am looking for. Call I could post some more pictures if somebody thinks they can help me identify the rectifier, I just thought for the low dollar amount that they have on the Centroid rectifier I would buy it
The rectifier is the little black box hanging off the orange and grey wires in your first picture. The red disk is the inrush limiter. The tan square stick on top of the capacitor is a bleed down resistor to prevent the capacitor from staying charged when the system is off.
I don’t think the red disk is the in rush, I believe it’s the snubber as it’s on the coil of the contactor
ashesman
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes

Post by ashesman »

Yeah, the red part is probably a snubber. The OP does refer to capacitors and snubbers. I dont see any inrush protection in the first picture. Although the AC wiring has been removed from the rectifier. It would have been in series with that wiring. Pretty important it has inrush protection or that rectifier is going to go POP! Well depending on the ESR or the capacitor, the impedance of the source and wiring and the peak current rating of the rectifier.
martyscncgarage

Post by martyscncgarage »

The rectifier is in his first picture as is the bleed off capacitor. The inrush device is not present as pointed out. Centroid uses a MS32 2R025 Inrush current Limiter:
https://www.digikey.com/short/43qb3j
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ