Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900727
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Aux Button setup

Post by MRW »

Hi there all. I am trying to find information as to how to setup the aux buttons on the control to connect with an output. Also I am wondering if these can be set to intermittent meaning that it is only on if you press it or does it need to be pressed again to disengage. What I am hoping to do is use this on my mill to engage the manual tool release in the event that I need to take the tool out manually.

Please let me know your thoughts or if there are instructions somewhere to find this information.

Thanks,
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Aux Button setup

Post by martyscncgarage »

MRW wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:30 am Hi there all. I am trying to find information as to how to setup the aux buttons on the control to connect with an output. Also I am wondering if these can be set to intermittent meaning that it is only on if you press it or does it need to be pressed again to disengage. What I am hoping to do is use this on my mill to engage the manual tool release in the event that I need to take the tool out manually.

Please let me know your thoughts or if there are instructions somewhere to find this information.

Thanks,
Better for you to explain the application.....
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
MRW
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900727
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by MRW »

Ok I am not sure exactly how to explain this more clearly, but I can try again. I have a mill here with an umbrella tool changer here. What I would like to do is set up one of the AUX buttons to engage the spindle tool unclamp contactor so that I can insert a new tool into the spindle without the tool changer in the event of a tool breakage etc. I was just wondering if it is possible to to use the AUX buttons or if I would be better to put a separate button on the machine somewhere for this. The control will be engaging and disengaging this same contactor when it is doing a tool change automatically.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Assuming that you have used the Acorn Wizard to configure one of your outputs as "UnclampTool" already, then you should be able to just add the desired Aux key to the conditions that activate "UnclampTool".

Look in your PLC program source for code similar to the following:

Code: Select all

;-----------------------------------UnclampTool------------------------------------
;Set timer for 5 seconds
IF True THEN ToolUnclampTimer = 5000

;Set memory bit based on input state
IF (ToolIsUnclamped && DrawBarReleasedDisable_M) || (DrawBarReleased && ToolIsUnclampedDisable_M)
	THEN (ToolUnclampedState_M)

;Turn on output and set timer
IF M15 || ToolUnclampButton THEN (UnclampTool), SET ToolUnclampTimer

;Turn on ATCAirBlowActivate
IF UnClampTool THEN (ATCAirBlowActivate)

;Turn off timer once tool is unclamped
IF UnclampTool && ToolUnclampedState_M || !M15 THEN RST ToolUnclampTimer

;Turn everything off if in E-stop or program isn't running
IF !EstopOK || !SV_PROGRAM_RUNNING THEN RST M15, RST ToolUnclampTimer

;Throw fault if tool isn't unclamped within allotted time
IF UnclampTool && (ToolUnclampTimer && !ToolUnclampedState_M)
  THEN FaultMsg_W = TOOL_UNCLAMP_TIMEOUT,
       SET OtherFault_M,
	   RST ToolUnclampTimer,
	   RST UnclampTool,
	   RST M15
;-----------------------------------End UnclampTool------------------------------
Supposing you wanted the VCP Aux3 key to unclamp the tool, you could change the line that reads:

IF M15 || ToolUnclampButton THEN (UnclampTool), SET ToolUnclampTimer
to read:

IF M15 || ToolUnclampButton || SkinAux3_M THEN (UnclampTool), SET ToolUnclampTimer
If I were writing it, I would use a zero-speed signal from the inverter to ensure one cannot release the tool until the spindle is stopped. But if I were writing it, the whole PLC program would be a couple thousand lines shorter....