CNC Control System Serial Number: 40208
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

CNC 10 T400S Upgrade Options

Post by GlassCake »

Hello,

I have a legacy T400s SN(40208) could anyone point me in the appropriate direction for more information on software related upgrades?
More info:

Atrump 1740nc Lathe (not sure the year)
DC3IO Servo Drive
T400s box

Thank you much
cncsnw

Re: CNC 10 T400S Upgrade Options

Post by cncsnw »

What software version are you running on it now?

The software version is displayed on the F1/Setup screen.
GlassCake
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No

Post by GlassCake »

Currently running V2.66, I believe there is an update for V2.7 but I should have specified earlier I was interested in if possible converting to the most recent OS/software.

Thanks for the help
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

To get to a current Windows system and CNC12 software, you would want to replace the DC3IO with an Allin1DC unit.

There is a modest amount of rewiring necessary in the cabinet to accommodate the Allin1DC, mostly related to switch input circuits. Some of the relay output circuits might also need to be rewired or extended, since the output relays will be on the top edge of the unit, instead of the upper part of the left edge.

If your console is still in good working order, and you are proficient assembling a PC, then you could upgrade the motherboard, CPU and RAM yourself, and install a solid-state hard drive with Windows 10. If you don't want to deal with that, you could have a Centroid dealer do it; or just purchase and install a new T400 console; or change over to an ordinary monitor and keyboard or all-in-one PC. There are lots of different options there, depending on your budget and preferences.

If you keep the existing console, you will need to update or replace the jog panel. If your existing jog panel is a JOGPIC7, then it can be reprogrammed to work with the Allin1DC system. If it is a JOGPIC4 or JOGPIC5, then it will need to be replaced.

If you have an MPG handwheel pendant, it will need to be replaced, either with the current wired MPG, or the new USB wireless one (WMPG4).
GlassCake
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No

Post by GlassCake »

Thank you for the detailed answer.

That is a bit more substantial than thought, but it is good to know that if either the PLC or T400 die on me I indeed can get it back up and running without extensive work.