Old CF file transfer heartache (Resolved)

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

DRS
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900785
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Old CF file transfer heartache (Resolved)

Post by DRS »

I need to get my tap and nc files off the old DC3 system and into Windows of the new allin1dc system. Following TB200 with no luck. The linux app explore2fs-1.08beta9 won't see the data on the CF card and Windows keeps splashing me with format request. Of course I said no to format! So I decided to use the old DC3IO computer from the old system to access and transfer the nc and tap tiles but now Linux boot complains there is no boot disk! Please tell me Windows didn't corrupt the cf card?! I have been around computers my entire adult life and do design work including some electronics but I am no PC guru. Can someone point me in the right direction here? Thanks
cncsnw

Re: Old CF file transfer heartache

Post by cncsnw »

If you have, or can find someone with, a newer Linux computer (e.g. a current Ubuntu installation), try mounting the CF card there. Even if it is not bootable, it may be readable, and you would be able to copy files from the CF card to a USB device.
DRS

Post by DRS »

I did not mention this and perhaps it is not relevant but I did have to send the optical interface card back to Centroid to resolve the license for the new allin1dc. Would this missing card prevent the original computer from booting past the bootloader screen?
DRS

Post by DRS »

cncsnw Great idea! I found a dual boot laptop at the office and sure enough! Linux read the card and I am copying files. Thanks for the input.