CNC Control System Serial Number: Multiple
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

X Axis fault

Post by PaulIngram »

Hi

Using Mach3 and DC310B & All In One.

I was in the middle of running a job today, just at one of the moves, the X axis made an uncommanded move to the left and now will not travel to the right.

The machine jogs both ways in y and z but only one way in X eg: command a move to the left and it moves to the left, command am move to the right and nothing happens.

It had been running fine up to that point and no changes have been made from the working setup.

I have tried resetting everything but the X axis just moves onne way.

Any thoughts would be useful.

Thanks

Paul
rppman

Re: X Axis fault

Post by rppman »

Hi Paul,
I don't know a lot on this matter or I would have my x axis drive fault figurred out but i would see if your encoder is reading both ways with motor power removed. This would at least tell you if your encoder is reading and your connections are good. Check all motor connections. Hope this helps.
diycncscott

Re: X Axis fault

Post by diycncscott »

Paul,

It could be a limit switch that is tripped preventing motion in 1 direction.
Make sure your limit switch isn't tripped - and then defeat the X axis switches just to be sure and try to move in both directions. If it still doesn't work you may want to swap the X and Y motor and encoder cables at the drive and MPU11 to see if it follows the motor.

That said, you mention that it made an "uncommanded" move in one direction while running a program. That leads me to believe that you may have lost the FETS on the drive in that direction. If that's the case, you'll need to contact support for an RMA to repair the drive. (But do the limit switch test first).