CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

AllInOneDC Install Spindle Speed Fluctuating

Post by outridinbikes »

Hello again!

I am looking for some information on why my spindle on my Trump mill is fluctuating a bit once it is turned on. Last night, I disconnected DAC COM and DAC OUT and reran the spindlebenchtest to confirm that everything was working properly, and it was. But that was only at max spindle of 3000 RPM, where as my spindle has a max speed of 6000. Could this be messing me up when I change it in the settings?

I believe my settings are correct on my Yaskawa VS-606v7 VFD because it was working properly on the older CPU7 setup (granted that was a few years ago) I also checked all of the settings shown in TB256, and they appear to be correct. Including the wiring shown in TB256, which was used on the old setup.

The only thing that I can come up with is that I am not using ADC COM and ADC IN, I am not sure if I can use the wires that currently go from my VFD to my RPM meter that is on the head of my machine (analog) They seem more like a frequency meter, than a load meter like the installation manual claims they are. They are AM (Freq meter +) and AC (Freq Meter Common) on the VFD side.

I am also wondering if this fluctuation issue could be caused by noise, or improper wire routing in my cabinet? Maybe I am too close to high voltage lines with the low voltage spindle VFD lines? I also noticed that the previous installer did not use shielded cable to run from the cabinet to the VFD, is it possible this could be causing it?

I am going to be sending a link to my spindle running, showing the spindle and RPM meter on the head, along with the VFD flucuating as well. While the spindle is running, my digital multimeter shows fluctuation on DAC COM and DAC OUT, so maybe its a software issue?

I have attached screenshots of TB256, the AllInOneDC installation manual, and the Yaskawa VS-606V7 Short Instructions to try and show what I am seeing, if you need any more information or pictures on anything, please let me know, Thanks in advance!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/U4dyELdcqrdfczwX9
cncsnw

Re: AllInOneDC Install Spindle Speed Fluctuating

Post by cncsnw »

Disconnect the wires that lead to the meter on the head, and see if you still have the problem. Those wires may be bringing noise into the VFD's analog section, since they run up to the head in proximity to the unshielded spindle motor power wiring.
outridinbikes
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: AllInOneDC Install Spindle Speed Fluctuating

Post by outridinbikes »

cncsnw, disconnecting the leads to the meter on the head solved my issue! Thanks so much, I'll get some shielded cable and redo the wiring to the VFD and that should be the permanent fix.