Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: Add later
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Velocity mode oak

Post by fuelzer@gmail.com »

I am using oak on hurco km3. Got all the way to tuning and i get " drive3 fault" i have swapped connectors with x and y and still comes up "drive 3 fault" dose anyone know what the parameters are looking fir and causing the fault?

Thank you

report_0008DC111213-1013201027_2020-12-10_19-42-22.zip
(490.56 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
0_-2180131520795421010.jpg
Hurco servomate hookups
Attachments
cncsnw

Re: Velocity mode oak

Post by cncsnw »

The PLC program reports a servo drive fault if any servo drive's fault signal is not closed.

A closed circuit, to pin 19 of the Oak axis header (violet wire in the factory cables) is required to indicate that the drive is okay (not faulted). The circuit should be closed to any of the "24V COM" pins (e.g. pin 16, 18, or 20).

If the fault input is open (drive faulted), then the "Axis_DriveALM_M" bit will be set (green). If the drive fault input is closed (drive okay), then the "Axis_DriveALM_M" bit will be off (red). Those are high-numbered memory bits in the PLC program:

Code: Select all

Axis1DriveALM_M                 IS MEM515
Axis2DriveALM_M                 IS MEM531
Axis3DriveALM_M                 IS MEM547
For convenience, the PLC program inverts and copies those bits down to MEM16-MEM18:

Code: Select all

Axis1DriveOk_M                IS MEM16
Axis2DriveOk_M                IS MEM17
Axis3DriveOk_M                IS MEM18
So you can just look at the first page of the Alt-i screen, on the third line, to see what MEM16, MEM17 and MEM18 are showing. If the drive is correctly wired and not faulted, those memory bits should be green. If a drive is faulted, or there is no connection to pin 19 of the axis header, those memory bits will be red.

Can you point out where on the schematic page you posted the old drive-okay / drive-fault signal is located? Can you show us how you wired that to pin 19 of the Oak axis interface headers?
fuelzer@gmail.com
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Ok great thanks very much appreciated. Ive just spent last 3 hours looking for replacement drives and motors. even thinking stepper motors aaaccckkk.

I will try the jumper first, baby steps. there is a fault indicator and ground to clear fault rtb1-4 and 5 on the servomate but would there be just one for all three drives? thanks again. Will
fuelzer@gmail.com

yes the hurco servomate has a fault logic board so it does work for all three drives. just not sure of the internal wiring. rtb1-5 is ground to clear fault. thanks
fuelzer@gmail.com

that worked im moving the x , y, z. that's a first. the x axis is very jumpy so looking at the info on that. go to run it and it jumps rapid and errors. others are very smooth.
fuelzer@gmail.com

Ok all good. +-10 reversed on X axis. Very smooth. Love the fine control. Ran tuning and all looks great so far. Thank you for your help!!!!! Will
fuelzer@gmail.com

I am down to one last task, turning on the spindle. I have a manual speed control so don't require the analog 0-10v output. but that is all I seem to get and don't know how to use the spindle outputs, enable, reversing, and break. I know how to wire them but what parameters switches to manual spindle? thank you, Will
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

fuelzer@gmail.com wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:07 am I am down to one last task, turning on the spindle. I have a manual speed control so don't require the analog 0-10v output. but that is all I seem to get and don't know how to use the spindle outputs, enable, reversing, and break. I know how to wire them but what parameters switches to manual spindle? thank you, Will
You need a reversing relay setup. Its basically two interlocked relays. Each relay has its own coil. Forward (m3) will turn on that relay, and Reverse (m4) will turn on that relay but the interlock will not allow them both to turn on.

Is your BRAKE a pneumatically controlled brake?
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
fuelzer@gmail.com

thank you I found out what the deal is, the hurco already controls all of this and all I needed to to was complete the estop circuit. working great now. this oak control is awesome on my hurco the cuts are soooo much better. I am using the smoothing but couldn't be happier. I do have one more problem with the tool offset. it is with the post processor and not putting the right code in for tool adjustment height. I posted elseware but will add the pictures here also. I am not adding the g43 n#4120 right or in the right place. thanks and pardon my ignorance. Will
Attachments
20201216_215730.jpg
20201216_215810.jpg
20201216_220008.jpg
occustoms
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: Yes

Post by occustoms »

im not 100 sure but i beleive the tool number and offset are same number. like tool 20 offset 20 so something like h2020 . thats the way it is on the acorn so i assume oak is the same.