CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

AllInOneDC Install Motor Amperage

Post by outridinbikes »

Hello All!

I am in the middle of upgrading my Trump B5EC 3 axis knee mill from the older CPU7 boards that used the optical cables, to an AllInOneDC. I am at the part in in the install where I am trying to set servo motor amperage and I am not quite sure if I am right. The model number is SEM MTS30M4-48 (see attached photo of tag from Z axis drive, but X and Y are the same) I believe it is a 29 in/lb,which is what I see on the original purchase order from 2002 but I just want a second opinion. Thanks in advance!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YjNR45F6guT5fVT77

Please let me know if you need any more pictures or info, this is my first time using this forum, so I hope I've included enough information.
cncsnw

Re: AllInOneDC Install Motor Amperage

Post by cncsnw »

Yes, an MTS30M4-48 is a 29 in-lb motor.

Set your Allin1DC output for 12A per axis. The 6.8A rating is for continuous duty. The motor can tolerate significantly higher current for short periods, as during acceleration.

Keep the original transformer and servo power rectifier, so that Vm is around 120VDC.
outridinbikes
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: AllInOneDC Install Motor Amperage

Post by outridinbikes »

Thank you cncsnw! That is exactly the information that I was looking for. And thanks for the heads up on keeping the VM voltage around 120VDC, good to know.