Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Drawbar Proximity Switches

Post by Eric S »

Gentlemen thank you both. Marc I'm totally fine with paying for support if I cant get it sorted on my own.

I've been digging a little more today and I think my issue might be coming from my inverter and not the proximity switches. When my drawbar starts to actuate it stutters. My M19 then loses position and the spindle spins about 270 degrees and then solenoid pushes down the drawbar the rest of the way. I think it might be a sinking and sourcing issue between my inverter, the zero speed out and Oak. I'm going to revisit my wiring diagram this week and make sure its all buttoned up correctly and see if that works anything out. If I cant get it sorted ill be in touch Marc. Glad to pay for your knowledge on this.

Marty, thank you as well for the responses. I know you get a lot of inquiries because of your YouTube presence and I appreciate you
taking the time to respond personally.

Once I've got this ill have retrofitted my whole first VMC and she's gonna rip! Cant Wait.

Thanks for being awesome guys!
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

What type (make/model) spindle drive do you have?
Eric S
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by Eric S »

I've got a Delta C-2000. Basing my build off wiring diagram S14699
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Genuine Delta VFDs are pretty good. I believe there are knock offs of them.
Did you use the special shielded cable? Automationdirect.com sells it.
Can you please take the time to post pictures of your build including the cabinet?
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
Eric S

Post by Eric S »

Marty, I’m sure my Delta is genuine I bought it with servo drives too and they have all worked correctly. I’ve got 1 of 2 issues going on I believe.

1- I think I’ve got a noise issue. So I’m going to re-wire my oak into my inverter and make sure all the connections are stripped, fastened and tightened very meticulously. When I shut off the drawbar output in the IO panel I get a flawless tool change. Something in that output is causing me noise and making my spindle spin when activated

2- Second prediction is my M6 macro has something in it where I’m losing my m19 and my spindle isn’t holding that position until the M5 is executed. I’m looking at the code and wondering if M19 is supposed to keep the spindle at orient position until M5 comes up however when I perform the tool change I can move my spindle immediately after the first g30/ to drawbar unclamp code takes place. In my mind it should stay locked in orient position the whole time until the next tool is in the spindle. Let me know if this is typically how it works with Oak. No spindle electromagnetic shut off until the tool change is complete.

Those are my current hypothesis.
I’ll upload some pictures if I can tonight.
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Can you post a fresh report from the control. F7 Utilities, F7 Create Report.
It might be of some help....
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
Eric S

Post by Eric S »

Hi All,

I've narrowed down my problem to an issue with my Orient Request output I believe. Could be a possible wiring error on my end.
I cant find where the "operation speed obtained input" on my PLC is? I'm trying to find out where that is supposed to go into my Oak board or my Add 1616 board because I dont currently have that wire connected and tech bulletin 316 says its part of the C2000 setup.

Whats Happening Now:
When I force my orient request output to on with a green circle and line over it I can complete a tool change the correct way. When I set my Orient Request relay to its normal red state and try and perform a tool change: my spindle spins about 270 degrees the second my drawbar solenoid is triggered and I get a fault.

If I leave the orient request forced on green and try and run a program the machine will run the G-code fine, change the tool but when its time for the spindle to begin spinning I get an m19 when I should get an M3 to turn on the spindle. The spindle orients and then the program begins running the gcode as if im cutting a part but the spindle is stopped in orient position not spinning but my table is moving running the code.

Not sure if any of this makes sense to either of you. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks guys

Heres a Fresh Report also:
Attachments
report_0008DC111213-1223190897_2020-12-18_20-23-56.zip
(699.36 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

As you have your C2000 drive configured, do you need to have a run signal (e.g. FWD) in addition to the orient request, in order to orient?

Or is closing just the orient signal sufficient to make the spindle orient?

Your PLC program includes:

Code: Select all

;Orient spindle
IF True_M THEN OrientTimer_T = 5000, OrientLostTimer_T = 200
IF M19_SV THEN (OrientRequest_O)
IF OrientRequest_O THEN SET OrientTimer_T
IF OrientRequest_O && OrientComplete_I THEN SET MonitorOrient_M, RST OrientTimer_T 
IF OrientRequest_O && !OrientComplete_I && MonitorOrient_M 
  THEN SET OrientLostTimer_T
IF OrientComplete_I THEN RST OrientLostTimer_T  

IF ToolUnclampOut_O || !SV_PROGRAM_RUNNING 
  THEN RST M19_SV, RST OrientRequest_O, RST MonitorOrient_M, RST OrientLostTimer_T,
  RST OrientTimer_T
Note that it is going to cancel the M19 request -- and with it OrientRequest_O -- as soon as the tool unclamp output is turned on. The assumption here is probably that the drawbar is going to hold the spindle in place thereafter. The trouble is probably that your M19 macro also ran an "M3 S0", so there is a spindle "run" request pending.

Perhaps you have a minimum output frequency, or an analog bias, programmed into your drive so that as soon as the orient request is turned off, while the run-forward request is maintained, the spindle turns in spite of the "zero" RPM request.

Smarter PLC logic would turn off the run-forward request at the same time it turns off the orient request; and would do neither until the tool-unclamped switch has closed.

See http://www.cncsnw.com/OakUnifiedPLCHowTo.htm for one example of a PLC program and macro set that would work that way.

If you want to keep using the PLC program and macros you have been using, and if your spindle drive does not require a run request to accompany the orient request, then you could try deleting the "M3 S0" line from the M19 macro.
Eric S

Post by Eric S »

Marc thanks for taking the time to answer. I’m going to try deleting the line you suggested. If I can’t crack the Macro myself I’ll reach out and pay for help for reprogramming of the macro. Thanks as always it’s very much appreciated. I’ll let you know how the deleted line of code works out.
Eric S

Post by Eric S »

Hey guys, Update: I went into the M6 macro and deleted line 38: M3 S0. Tool change now works as it should and my spindle doesn’t turn when the drawbar is activated. New issue: my spindle is fluctuating up and down in rpm when I use an M3 command in the MDI. I’ve gotta be like one line of code away from this working but not sure what’s next. Thanks sirs, hope you’re having a very Merry Christmas.