CNC Control System Serial Number: 102849
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: CNC11 to CNC12 issues

Post by BodeRacing »

So this is where I am at.

I ended up starting from scratch. Reloaded a fresh copy of CNC12 v4.14. I followed TB311 instructions and only copied cncm.prm.xml and cncmcfg.xml files.

I got a warning that the tool library, offset library and WCS files were set to default so I successfully copied those files from CNC11 to the CNC12 directory.

I then ran the system test. It failed. I had to slightly move the bottom Z limit switch target. That target was not correctly mounted by Atrump and it got destroyed after a few days of use. I had replaced it and set it as close as I could to the original one. So no surprise that it needed tweaking.

At this point I get a UNDEFINED PLC MESSAGE (99) - see attached image. I don't know what that means. Otherwise it looks good.

At this point do I leave it as is or copy the original CNC11 CNCM directory files into the CNC12 directory? Will there be any benefit?

I am still concerned that I don't understand where all the setup files are. Where are backlashah and any other comp information stored? Am I losing anything with what I have done?

I greatly appreciate everyone's help.
Attachments
default.jpg
report_1116170498_2020-11-15_17-54-26.zip
(192.13 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Backlash compensation is in the Configuration file: cncmcfg.xml

Ballscrew "laser" compensation is in files named cnc-x.tab, cnc-y.tab, and cnc-z.tab.

More generally, everything on the Control Configuration, Machine Configuration (except software travel limits), and PID Configuration screens are in cncmcfg.xml.
Everything on the Parameters screen is in cncm.prm.xml.
Your unlock codes, plus a record of whether you have successfully completed the system test, are in cncm.unl.xml.
Your tool library is in cncm.tl.
Your offset library is in cncm.ol.
Your WCS locations, plus your return points and your software travel limits, are in cncm.wcs.
Information about current job setup: what job is loaded, the part counter value, whether the machine is homed, where your Z Reference for tool measurement is set, any G52 offsets, and your digitizing setups are in cncm.job.xml.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Regarding "UNDEFINED PLC MESSAGE (99) ", you seem to have somehow gotten your old PLC program source in place and compiled, but you are missing the plcmsg.txt file that goes with it. Copy that file from your old installation or an old Report.
AcornJosh
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by AcornJosh »

cncsnw wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:28 pm Note that if you follow TB311 and transfer only your Parameters (cncm.prm.xml) and Configuration (cncmcfg.xml), then you will lose your software unlock codes (cncm.unl.xml), software travel limits, return point locations, and WCS locations (cncm.wcs), tool descriptions and offsets (cncm.tl and cncm.ol), and Z Reference setting and digitizing setups (cncm.job.xml), among other things.
If you follow the instructions in TB311, you install CNC12 over the CNC11 directory. If you don't install a new PLC, it does not matter (system runs on original config files). If you do install a PLC with V4.14, then it overwrites the prm and config file which you can restore 7. B. iv.

If you upgrade V4.16, it has the option to not overwrite your config at all when you install a new PLC.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

I stand corrected. TB311 does have you install CNC12 as an update over your existing CNC11 installation.

As Josh points out, extracting cncm.prm.xml and cncmcfg.xml from the saved report is part of the patching-up procedure in the case that you let the PLC Installer install a new PLC program.

TB311 does not really address BodeRacing's original intent: starting from scratch. In that case, run the CNC12 installer, then restore your whole report.