DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900869

New Oak Install

Post by Aly-Tek »

Hello everyone,

I am near the end of my retro fit on my Extron Mill but I am stuck on some terminology to connect some cables from my Fuji Frenic 5000 MS5 VFD.

I am trying to find information on connecting the CN3 and CN7 cables from the VFD to the OAK.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/Icarus/DOCUMEN ... s_1083.pdf
http://hinode-vn.vn/data/images/media/1 ... ATALOG.pdf

The first URL is the manual for the VFD and provides the pinouts for CN3 (p106) (also pic attached) but I am unable to understand the terminology between the systems (fuji & OAK)

The second URL was all I could find for the OPC2-MS5-PE options card that shows the pinouts for CN7 (p15) and only uses 4 of the wires 1,2,3,5 & 6 (5 & 6 joined) but I am unable to understand the terminology, I do believe it has something to do with Spindle orientation as I have a umbrella style ATC and on the original system (Mirl2000) it had a ORTC button that performed the orientation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Cheers,
Stephen
Attachments
20201103_103231[1].jpg
Many Thanks
Stephen @ Aly-Tek :D
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
MPU11 & GPIO4D -w/ 3rd Party Drives: No
CNC11: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Re: New Oak Install

Post by martyscncgarage »

Stephen,
Fairly complex and different drive. First I have no experience with a Fuji Drive.
Second, you should test the drive without connecting it to Oak.
Third. DO NOT USE CN3 pin 6 it is SOURCING voltage for a potentiometer DO NOT CONNECT THAT TO OAK!
You should use CN3-7 for Analog Input and CNC3-8 for Analog Com
It looks to me that CNC-12 would be for an AT SPEED input to Oak to let the control know the VFD is at the commanded speed.

You can test the drive by using a bench top power supply to provide 0-10VDC at CN3-7 and CN3-8 (You are mimicking the analog input from Oak. Oak supplies the 0-10VDC signal)

You can then use a simple switch from CN3-5 (control Input Common) to input CN3-1 (forward, and then you can test CN3-2 Reverse)

Turn your bench power supply to 0, turn on your switch to complete the Forward circuit and then gradually bring the voltage up to see if the spindle motor comes on.

If you get that to work, then you can check the other lines like Speed Arrival Detection.

You also show Speedmeter, I do not believe there is anyway to connect that to OAK. So don't
The Load Meter, must be a 0-10VDC Analog output (I believe)

A couple of screen shots below. Please make sure I got the correct ones.
Maybe CNCSNW (Marc Leonard) might have more to add. It took some time to dig into this a little.
But I would not hook anything up to OAK until you "Bench Test" the drive first.

Marty
Fuji diagram.JPG
Pin out definitiions.JPG
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
MPU11 & GPIO4D -w/ 3rd Party Drives: No
CNC11: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by martyscncgarage »

Also, your wiring color codes mean nothing to us.
Make a spreadsheet showing all 20 pins on CN3 in one column with the description and in a second column, the Oak connections.
Then post it.
Again, I would not hook up that drive to Oak at all until I bench test verified its operation first and completely understood how each of the drive inputs and outputs work (RTFM, Read the Friggin' Manual :D )

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

You can infer a little more from the attached schematic, from a ca. 1999-2000 Centroid system that used the same Fuji spindle drive (probably on the same machine: an Extron/Atrump BxAC). I think Centroid has CN3/13 and CN3/14 mixed up here, but otherwise it is probably representative of what you need to hook up.

This is not the easiest diagram to read, of course. If you can figure it out from this one, you could probably have figured it out just from the Fuji manuals....
Attachments
K0000026.pdf
(289.81 KiB) Downloaded 5 times