411 Full Power With Out Motion

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

promisemachining
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0327060180, T39 A90089, M-39s 3535, M-39s 3770, M400ac/inv, M400ac/atc 10388
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

411 Full Power With Out Motion

Post by promisemachining »

Sirs, I kept getting the 411 error message, My Z axis motor had at least 1 dead spot in it. Ran the feed real slow and it would drop out and throw the 411 message. I have replaced it and now it seems that I am running again. I am running 3 of the SEM 17 in lb. motors on a Bridgeport Boss series 1 Mill. With a M400 pannel with a Servo3IO. System #3770
2 questions;
1. Can these SEM 17 in lb. motors be rebuilt/repaired and if so is it cost effectve?
2. Can you run, say two of these SEM 17 motors and a 29 in-lb or a 40 in-lb motor from the same Servo3IO?
Just wondering incase I have another motor go out and need to do something in a hurry.
PS; I have purchased the Allin 1 DC, new desktop computer and touch screen monitor for my Lagun Lathe retrofit. Will be moving forward on it next week.
Thank you,
Tim
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: Yes

Re: 411 Full Power With Out Motion

Post by martyscncgarage »

promisemachining wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:20 pm Sirs, I kept getting the 411 error message, My Z axis motor had at least 1 dead spot in it. Ran the feed real slow and it would drop out and throw the 411 message. I have replaced it and now it seems that I am running again. I am running 3 of the SEM 17 in lb. motors on a Bridgeport Boss series 1 Mill. With a M400 pannel with a Servo3IO. System #3770
2 questions;
1. Can these SEM 17 in lb. motors be rebuilt/repaired and if so is it cost effectve?
2. Can you run, say two of these SEM 17 motors and a 29 in-lb or a 40 in-lb motor from the same Servo3IO?
Just wondering incase I have another motor go out and need to do something in a hurry.
PS; I have purchased the Allin 1 DC, new desktop computer and touch screen monitor for my Lagun Lathe retrofit. Will be moving forward on it next week.
Thank you,
Tim
Since you posted a new post (Didn't you already have a thread you started? If so, you should post the follow up in it, we can't remember your setup, we help many people) Otherwise you need to describe your machine, which control you have etc. Yes, you can change the current settings for each axis ON All in One DC.

MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR SERVOS BEFORE CONNECTING TO ALL IN ONE DC! Bad servo can damage the servo drive on All in One DC
https://www.centroidcnc.com/dealersuppo ... ds/155.pdf

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
cncsnw

Re: DC servo motors and SERVO3IO

Post by cncsnw »

I think his setup is pretty clear. He has a ca. 2006 M39S, K3770, with a SERVO3IO unit.
http://www.cncsnw.com/FieldGuide.htm#M39
http://www.cncsnw.com/Drives.htm#SERVO3IO
Because it is ca. 2006 control, it will have the newer "Uniconsole-2" jog panel pendant (though that is not relevant to his questions). Really, his questions only relate to DC servo motors and the SERVO3IO unit.

1) They can probably be repaired, but it may or may not be cost effective. If it just needs to be cleaned up, and maybe new brushes and bearings, then it is probably reasonable. If it needs to be rewound, you are probably better off buying a new motor.
2) Yes, you can run motors of different ratings on a SERVO3IO. However, if the drive was set up for reduced current (e.g. 9A per axis), then you will not get full torque out of the larger motors. The SERVO3IO had hard-wired current sensors (like the SERVO1 had). It did not have jumpers or DIP switches for current selection (like the Allin1DC has).
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

It looked to me in his original post that he was upgrading to All in One DC....
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
promisemachining
Acorn CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0327060180, T39 A90089, M-39s 3535, M-39s 3770, M400ac/inv, M400ac/atc 10388
CNC11: No

Post by promisemachining »

Thank you for your responses. This is the information I needed. This was a new problem. I currently own 6 Centroid systems of various vintages, so, robbing a DC servo from another machine to keep a machine going short term may be an option. The lathe and the new All in 1 DC is my next project and I have another thread that I will follow up with you on once I get that far.
Thank you for your help.