All in one CNC11

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

cncsnw

Re: All in one CNC11

Post by cncsnw »

Tim wrote:I would like to add 3 physical switches. Power On (Cycle Start?), Feed Rate Up, Feed Rate Down, Please can you help out and give an indication of any costs.
I can provide the PLC programming, and if necessary phone/e-mail/forum technical support, at my usual service rate of USD $60/hr. It is likely that you would need between one and two hours.

There is no additional software or hardware you need to purchase on the Centroid side. You just need to purchase three normally-open pushbuttons and some suitable wiring supplies, then wire those buttons between your DC power supply and any available PLC inputs on your Allin1DC unit. Exactly how you do that (as in, which wires you connect where) will depend on your particular installation.
kcarpenter1986
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by kcarpenter1986 »

at 800 its a bit expensive on top of the 2500+ already spent..... and seeing as all he wants is these 3 buttons adding in to the software

the all in one has got lots of inputs that he is not using. seams like it should be easy to map these to cycleStart, FeenUP and FeedDown

is it likley that getting someone to edit code this is going to be more expensive than the 800 for jog panel?
martyscncgarage
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

kcarpenter1986 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:57 pm at 800 its a bit expensive on top of the 2500+ already spent..... and seeing as all he wants is these 3 buttons adding in to the software

the all in one has got lots of inputs that he is not using. seams like it should be easy to map these to cycleStart, FeenUP and FeedDown

is it likley that getting someone to edit code this is going to be more expensive than the 800 for jog panel?

Marc offered, send him a PM
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
kcarpenter1986

Post by kcarpenter1986 »

this sound like a good option to me.

I all ready have the buttons available and atm I have connected them to the low, mid and high gear (as tims mill is not using these inputs)

And if i press the buttons I can see the inputs going on off in the inputs screen.

I will get tim to pm
Tim
Acorn CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900872
CNC11: No

Post by Tim »

I look forward to hearing from Kyle.
kcarpenter1986

Post by kcarpenter1986 »

Update on this one.
The reason he did by the jog panel is the cost.

We considered going down the programming route but again this seamed very costly for what we wanted to achieve (adding 3 buttons)

So we came up with a very cheep solution

we got a 3 pedal usb foot switch

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-Triple-A ... SwyWddDIc6
this device allows you to program a press of the foot switch to do a series of keyboard presses

broke it open and fixed wires to the sensors inside that go to our switches on the front panel and set the device to mimic the keyboad shortcuts

nice simple code free solution

could be useful for someone else