CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

E-Stop

Post by Reeltime273 »

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Finalizing my E-stop switch circuit, I have decided to add a 2nd E-stop switch in conjunction with the Centroid Control Panel with built in E-stop. The Centroid Control Panel has two (2) connectors at the end of the harness, one large (1) connector that plugs straight into the ALLIN1DC and the small four (4) pin connector plugs for the E-Stop switch. The small four (4) pin connector has four (4) wires, green, black, white and red. The wiring schematic is straight forward if this is the only switch you utilize.
- Black Wire = 24VDC Com
- White Wire = ALLIN1DC H10 connector/11
- Red Wire = ALLIN1DC H6 connector / 1
- Green Wire = E-Stop Contactor / A1

However, when add the 2nd E-Stop Switch, the schematic is vague and does not indicate if this connector is even utilized.

I have attached the wiring schematic, is it correct? Please review and advise.

Thanks, Mark
Attachments
IMG_2ND E-STOP WIRNG SCHEMATIC_20200911.jpg
WIRING 2ND ESTOP_20200911.png
cncsnw

Re: E-Stop

Post by cncsnw »

You will probably want to keep the 4-pin connector that leads to the pendant E-stop button, since it is the only convenient way to break out those connections.

You need to insert poles of your second E-stop switch in series with each of the two circuits.

Your drawing is conceptually right, but you have reassigned the wire colors from the existing connector. I would stick with the original wire-color assignments: BLK to WHT is the circuit between 0VDC and INP11; and RED to GRN is the coil power circuit between OUT1 and the contactor coil.

So, if you insert your second E-stop switch between 0VDC and the pendant (for the PLC input circuit) you could use a BLK wire from 0VDC to the first pole of your second E-stop switch; and then connect the BLK wire leading to the pendant connector to the other side of that pole.

Further, if you insert your second E-stop switch between OUT1 and the pendant (for the coil circuit), you could use a RED wire from OUT1 to the second pole of your second E-stop switch; and then connect the RED wire leading to the pendant connector to the other side of that pole.

That way, you could keep the conventional connections from the pendant connector: WHT to INP11, and GRN to contactor/A1.

I see there is an error in the Centroid schematic you posted: it implies there are two WHT wires in the standard pendant 4-pin plug, when in fact there is one WHT and one BLK.