Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 929110276
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Haas TM1P Control Problems

Post by jcsb »

What I'm really asking is whether anyone has been successful or even if it's reasonably possible to utilize the Haas servo drives and servos? This is a 2006 Haas TM1P.
jcsb
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes

Re: Haas TM1P Control Problems

Post by jcsb »

I might mention that this version to TM1P uses the Yaskawa Sigma 1 servos.
John
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

This is a subject area I, too, would like to see explored and documented a little better.

Many Haas machines used Yaskawa servo motors, either identical to, or similar to, standard Sigma-series motors.

Some Haas machine perhaps may have used Yaskawa servo drives to power those motors. Others used Haas proprietary drives.

If a machine were to have standard Yaskawa Sigma-series analog/pulse-train mode drives and standard motors, then a Centroid retrofit using them would be very straightforward.

If a machine has drives that externally appear to be Sigma-series drives, but they have a custom interface that is proprietary to Haas, and neither Yaskawa nor Haas is willing to share that interface, then it would be very much an uphill battle to make them work.

If a machine has proprietary drives but standard Sigma-series motors (including standard encoders), then you could buy new Yaskawa drives to power those motors. However, for older-generation equipment, those new drives may be prohibitively expensive.

So, if anyone knows more about the Yaskawa equipment used in various generations of Haas machines, please share.
jcsb
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes

Post by jcsb »

This is exactly what I was thinking. There's nothing wrong with the servo's and drives I have. I'm getting tired of dumping good equipment (I sell it on ebay), but that's not making it ok. I'm going to do some investigating and will report back.
John