CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Limit Switches/VFD Pot Switch

Post by Reeltime273 »

Good Morning All,

Finalizing my wiring on my Centroid ALLIN1DC, I have had to modify some items as I move through this process. My older Anilam Crusader M only utilized two (2) limit switches, these two (2) switches are mounted in the Spindle "Z" axis housing and I will continue utilizing them on that axis. However, on the Anilam there were no limit switches mounted on the "X" and "Y" axis, at least, there your none when I got the machine. I assume that I will need to add two (2) additional switches to each axis. What type of micro switches or limit switches has everyone utilized in the past and do you have a source to acquire these switches?

Also, I have been reading that most people are installing a remote "Pot Switch" for the VFD, once you have your VFD set up, is this a needed switch or is it a convenience option? I have acquired A TECO A-510, and the specs call for a 5K ohm switch, does anybody have a preference what type of switch to utilize and where to source this switch?

Thanks, Mark
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Limit Switches/VFD Pot Switch

Post by martyscncgarage »

Reeltime273 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:00 am Good Morning All,

Finalizing my wiring on my Centroid ALLIN1DC, I have had to modify some items as I move through this process. My older Anilam Crusader M only utilized two (2) limit switches, these two (2) switches are mounted in the Spindle "Z" axis housing and I will continue utilizing them on that axis. However, on the Anilam there were no limit switches mounted on the "X" and "Y" axis, at least, there your none when I got the machine. I assume that I will need to add two (2) additional switches to each axis. What type of micro switches or limit switches has everyone utilized in the past and do you have a source to acquire these switches?

Also, I have been reading that most people are installing a remote "Pot Switch" for the VFD, once you have your VFD set up, is this a needed switch or is it a convenience option? I have acquired A TECO A-510, and the specs call for a 5K ohm switch, does anybody have a preference what type of switch to utilize and where to source this switch?

Thanks, Mark
Do you have MARKS on your X/Y to line up to and then set home?
You can use REF MARKS in the control setup. What it will do is look for the index pulse on the encoders and then set home, but you need to the axis close to one end. Usually -X +Y and +Z.

You are better off installing limit switches on each end of the axis though.

Why use a pot? Use the control to control the spindle speed via the vfd analog input....not sure where you are reading a POT switch. That is NOT typical when the CNC control can control the VFD using S words.
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
Reeltime273
Acorn CNC Controller: No

Post by Reeltime273 »

No, I don't have any reference lines on the X and Y axis. I'm going to utilize limit switch's, unfortunately my older system they were part the glass linear scales. So I will have to acquire them. Do you recommend, or what is your preference for these switches?
tblough
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192
CNC11: No

Post by tblough »

Euchner https://www.euchner-usa.com/LimitMultiple.asp is my personal preference.
6.jpg
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
tblough
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192
CNC11: No

Post by tblough »

Here's a couple of pics of my X and Y axis limit switches. These are Euchner SN02D12 dual switches with trip dogs at each end of the travel.
https://euchner-usa.com/pdfs/Catalogs/MultipleLimit.pdf
Y-Axis Limit Switch.JPG
X-Axis Limit Switch.JPG
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
Reeltime273
Acorn CNC Controller: No

Post by Reeltime273 »

Thank You!