Hitachi Seiki 3ne-300 Is it worth converting?

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

MachineMade
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Hitachi Seiki 3ne-300 Is it worth converting?

Post by MachineMade »

Your google links don't work. Likely because you copied the URL from the address bar.
To share a google album, you click on the three dots with two lines between them triangularly, it is the SHARE link Then click create link. THEN use that link to paste into the message.
[/quote]

Nope I right clicked and selected copy image url and that is what I shared. I double checked and for some reason they work for me from my computer but not the phone. Here is a link to the album.https://photos.app.goo.gl/hkC83E8Cq7h5hXQV8 Hopefully that works....
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Big DC Servo motor for a spindle motor.
Yep, you'd have a problem if that motor or spindle drive dies. You'll also need to know how the drive is controlled. +/- 0-10vdc? If so doable.

Yes I'd be concerned putting all that money, work and effort in a 40 year old machine.... probably should give this one more thought.
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
MachineMade

Post by MachineMade »

I thought that may be the case. Thanks a million for working through that with me. There is an 84 Mori SL3H that has come up for sale that may be better suited to a conversion down the road.

During all of this a few things have come to me. Remote rig (ham radio) operation is becoming very common these days. I noticed that the T400 control lists "Remote Access support via internet connection". I am not sure I would ever need such a thing. But the idea of running lights out or even over short periods and being able to check on the machine is a very exiting prospect. I wonder if the Oak is capable?

I would expect to possibly have control of e-stop, Feed rate override, OP Stop, not sure what else would be handy. And then access to GUI displays that are common on the control. Ability to watch the g code and axis during cycle. Parts counter and other common statistics and I/O states. It seems as though Centroid is a very forward thinking company. It seems as though the control could be used (or move towards) further automation and lights out capabilities. Remote access over IP could be useful even just for a setup person or maintenance team who may not be in house at the moment or management to keep an eye on what is happening at the machine. I know latency is always something to contend with. I would think for safety you would not need or want cycle start or jog capabilities.

I'm sure this has been covered else where and an immediate reply is not needed. I'll try to look into what is covered in the remote access. But I wanted to put down what excited me about the possibilities while I've been day dreaming about it and it was fresh in my mind.

Thanks again for the help. I'll let this thread go as there shouldn't be further need to take up your time.
MachineMade

Post by MachineMade »

Oh and I guess the question is Remote access over IP with a windows 10 machine. Since it is possible using the T400. Cheers!
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Remote access support just allows a Service Tech to remote into the Windows PC controlling the machine to check settings on the control as if the we're standing in front of it. This is done over the internet.

Best of luck to you.
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ