X-axis problem

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

sobida

X-axis problem

Post by sobida »

We have tested our GPIO4D board, and found out that our x-axis have a problem, it seems it does not give out the analog signal to the servo drive. We tested the servo unit on the Y and Z axis and it worked fine.

Will it be possible to assign the Y axis as X axis and the Z axis as the Y axis? since we will be just needing 2 axes for our CNC project.

another question is with regarding to MPU11 board, is it normal that the DSP Debug LED always blink? or it means it has a problem?
diycncscott

Re: X-axis problem

Post by diycncscott »

Hello Sobida,

Yes it is normal for the DSP LED to blink.

Yes, you can re-assign the axes but I'd like to investigate the issue you are having first.

1. Are you running Mach or CNC11?
If you are running Mach, go into the diagnostics scree (alt-F7), cycle Estop/Reset
a) Are all 3 enable LED's lit?
b) Are any of the limits tripped
c) Please send a screenshot of the diagnostics screen to tech@ajaxcnc.com
d) From your ajax directory insdie the Mach install directory:
Please send a copy of: ajaxlog.txt and machajax.xml

If you are running CNC11
a)Press the "alt" and "i" keys to bring up the I/O screen- what are the states (color) of inputs 17-20?
b)From the cncm directory, Please send a copy of mpu.plc and cnc.prm.xml and cncmcfg.xml to tech@ajaxcnc.com
sobida

Re: X-axis problem

Post by sobida »

I already sent an e-mail of the screenshot of the diagnostics screen. also attached in the email is the ajaxlog.txt. and machajax.xml

we are using mach3 for the GPIO4D and MPU11

we did not connect any limit switch as of the moment because we are still testing the communication of the servo unit and the boards. we are using a single servo unit to test the 3 axes so we do not enable the 3 axes simultaneously. but if we are testing a particular axis the LED is lit. As for the X-axis, it will lit, but after some time an error will occur. when the servo unit is on the x-axis, even without any command the motor will start running, until an error will appear x-axis following error.we use the same motor for all the axes therefore the wiring and set up is the same.