Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

411 "Full power without motion"

Post by rfhowell68 »

Good evening,
A customer of mine had the Micro ATX power supply on the "All in one Unit" go out, witch was giving them a fiber optics com fault. I help them install a new power supply, and the machine started up fine but has one problem with Y axis.
You can jog Y negative fine, but positive gives a 411 Full power without motion fault.
1. Encoder is reading fine at the controller.
2. Exchanged X motor with Y motor and the motor is fine.
3. Checked power output to Y motor at the all in one unit when attempting jog positive and had about 57VDC Max.

Any thoughts on this would be helpful.
The cable from the all in one to the motor is the only thing I can think of checking next. The machine has been running fine for the past 4 months.
cncsnw

Re: 411 "Full power without motion"

Post by cncsnw »

If it runs under control in one direction, then the cables are probably fine.

Usually this is either a problem in the limit switch circuit (i.e. the limit switch is open, and is not defeated with the DIP switch) or it is a blown FET on the servo drive output (requiring factory repair).

Check the alt-i PLC Diagnostic display: are INP3 and INP4 (the third and fourth dots on the top line) both Green? If one is Red, you have an open limit switch circuit. Even if you do not have a full set of limit switches installed, the inputs need to be closed.
rfhowell68
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by rfhowell68 »

I checked the limit switch yesterday, over riding with the dip.
What would be the address to ship too, and approximate cost for repair?
Centroid_Liviu
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by Centroid_Liviu »

Please send us an email to sales@ajaxcnc.com with your serial number or key-A number.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. https://www.viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)