Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 20334
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC12: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

CNC 10, DC 310 3 axis w/plc VFD Advice needed

Post by RLW »

Machine spindle is 220 3ph. I have 220 single so want to use a VFD and still use the M400S spindle control, or is there an inverter that will power the machine like it was wired 3 phase constantly. Borrowed a VFD, push spindle start button on M400 9, CONTACTOR kicks in but then have to open the enclosure and hit start on the VFD.
Is there a recommended VFD? Spindle power is 3HP 2.2kw 220V. I have hooked the power from the VFD to above the fuses but VFD wont activate till after I engage the front panel and hit run on the VFD. In reading several say to do what i want to do using the contactors the I need to install a rotary power unit. I s this the case or are there VFD etc. that will act as primary power?

I see the second option as taking the motor leads to the VFD and using it alone with a remote pad and ignoring the magnetic contactor and the panel on the M400

Option 3 is VFD and run spindle on/off, rotation and speed and fault off the DC310 leads and hopefully the M400 will control the functions bu as I see it will be ignoring the contactor here too.

advice is needed
report.zip
(42.46 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
Last edited by RLW on Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RLW
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Re: CNC 10, DC 310 3 axis w/plc

Post by RLW »

Last edited by RLW on Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cncsnw

Re: CNC10, DC3I0 3 axis w/plc

Post by cncsnw »

It is likely that your software (CNC10 v1.21) automatically and only writes the report to the "a:" drive (actually, to whatever is mounted at /cncroot/a in the Linux file system).

If the floppy disk drive is enabled, then it will be the a: drive. If the floppy disk drive is not enabled, then I would expect the first USB stick you plug in to be mounted as the a: drive.

Try this:
1) Press Alt-F6 for a command prompt
2) Enter the command:
uninstall-floppy
3) Enter the command:
reboot

Then see if the report gets saved to your USB stick instead.
RLW
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Re: CNC 10, DC 310 3 axis w/plc

Post by RLW »

Didnt work even tried disconnecting floppy. it will read my USB stick but wont write. I remember reading CNC 10 update notes and I think I need the later version. I assume I go thru centroid for that
cncsnw

Re: CNC 10, DC 310 3 axis w/plc VFD Advice needed

Post by cncsnw »

When you read jobs from your USB drive, what drive does it appear as?

You should have somewhat better use of USB drives with CNC10 version 2.38.

It would be better still with version 2.72, but for that you would need to add memory (to get to at least 512MB) and replace your IDE compact flash adapter.

If you have a local support technician, they should be able to provide a new compact flash card with v2.38. If you do not have any local support, then you can contact the Centroid factory, or PM me.