Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Homing to marks on X/Y and Switch on Z and PARK

Post by martyscncgarage »

I have sold the FADAL TRM to a local friend.
He will be putting it in and using it in his home shop.
The FADAL homes using reference marks (Typical on this machine) homes to the index pulse on the encoders.

His issue is that he can't leave the head up. I could probably change his Z home and relocate the marker tabs on Z. That would probably the easiest.
My other thought was that its pretty easy to add a mechanical switch to Z+ and let Z home as it typically would with a mechanical limit switch.

So my first question is, would it be possible for Z to home to a mechanical switch and then back off and search for the marker pulse on the encoder and still let X/Y home to the marker pulses on their respective encoders.
AND if this should be possible, can the PARK macro be modified to park the Z axis lower and let X/Y park close to their respective marker pulses as they do now?

I suspect its probably easiest to move the Z tabs and create a new Z home position and change the soft limits to - and + from that point?
I want him to park the machine before shut down, putting the Z lower than his garage door would open. (Yes he knows when he uses the machine he has to leave the garage door closed)

How would you handle this one?
Thanks in advance,
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
cncsnw

Re: Homing to marks on X/Y and Switch on Z and PARK

Post by cncsnw »

Yes. If you have selected "Ref Mark-HS" for homing, then you can define home switches for any of the axes you want (that is what the "-HS" part means).

Any axis that has 0 for entered for the applicable home switch input number will home to the nearest marker pulse when you run M91 or M92.

Any axis that has a non-zero PLC input number for the applicale home witch input will home to the switch when you run M91 or M92.

There is not yet a "park" macro for servo systems. Someday Centroid will get back to supporting closed-loop controls....
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes

cncsnw wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:50 pm Yes. If you have selected "Ref Mark-HS" for homing, then you can define home switches for any of the axes you want (that is what the "-HS" part means).

Any axis that has 0 for entered for the applicable home switch input number will home to the nearest marker pulse when you run M91 or M92.

Any axis that has a non-zero PLC input number for the applicale home witch input will home to the switch when you run M91 or M92.

There is not yet a "park" macro for servo systems. Someday Centroid will get back to supporting closed-loop controls....
Thanks Marc for confirmng what I was hoping for.
As for your comment: "Someday Centroid will get back to supporting closed-loop controls...."
I tend to agree with you. The Acorn side is really moving along, there are some features that would be useful for Servo controls.
Soon, hopefully!
It would be nice if software packages can be consolidated, and the software smart enough to know which motion controller it finds.
A "Menu Tree" similar to what is in servo, that allows the user to choose a PLC. Something plane and basic, or something with at least basic Wizard features that allow the user to change their IO.

Though I undertand Centroid has their priorities and they are dealing with the Pandemic like the rest of us.
As always Marc, on behalf of the rest of us, thank you for taking the time to participate in these forums and sharing your knowledge and perspective with the rest of us that certainly appreciate your help.
Marty
Mesa, AZ
Scotty
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by Scotty »

Oh man. You guys are already over my head. I believe this thread may be a solution to my setup.

Sorry, newbie here.

Using Acorn with DMM DYN3 servo controllers. They have a home output. Is this also referred to as a park signal?

Does anyone out there have the time to talk or point me to a method of using a switch and rotation homing setup please?
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes

Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:15 pm Oh man. You guys are already over my head. I believe this thread may be a solution to my setup.

Sorry, newbie here.

Using Acorn with DMM DYN3 servo controllers. They have a home output. Is this also referred to as a park signal?

Does anyone out there have the time to talk or point me to a method of using a switch and rotation homing setup please?
Start a new post. Explain your setup. Post some pictures..
Search the forum for ZRI. (Zero Reference Index) in the mean time.

Marty
Mesa, AZ