Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: setting Hitachi SJ200 / WJ200 VFD Dynamic braking parameters

Post by AshG »

only just seen this. i have a 2.2 wj200 running a 3hp BP style with a braking resistor, not sure if all the settings are the same as yours but i can share the backup of my config with you if you want? how are you programming it? i hated the interface on the actual unit, i downloaded the software form the Hitachi site and connect to it by usb. its 1000% easier using the software as next to each parameter is a description of its purpose.

from memory it automatically detected the ohm rating of the resistor, then i just had to set it to deceleration mode and chose the amount of time to aim for. basically you say i want you to stop in this many seconds, to tune it you just run at max rpm then tell it to stop and if it faults increase the time. it basically works the same as it did without the resistor but the resistor allows you to be more aggressive the slow down time setting. if you use the hitachi software you can start and stop the spindle with the software and tune the motor performance.
CRM
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900171
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: setting Hitachi SJ200 / WJ200 VFD Dynamic braking parameters

Post by CRM »

I would very much appreciate you sharing the configuration parameters. Just to be clear, mine is a SJ200, which is one generation older than yours, but it seems to be very similar. Not sure I could directly dump your parameters into mine, but it would certainly be helpful to compare them. I will check to see if the Hitachi software is the same for the SJ200 as it is for the WJ200.
Dean Jahnz
Cannon River Machine