Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900171
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Hitachi SJ200 braking resistor wiring

Post by CRM »

Guys,
Hoping someone can clear up a bit of confusion. I have a Hitachi SJ200 VFD that I am using to run a SWI DPM bed mill spindle. I'm getting tired of overcurrent fault trips when decelerating the spindle, so I'm adding a braking resistor. If I understand the manual correctly, the correct terminals are "RB" & "P/+". My confusion is whether to remove or keep in place the jumper that is currently (from the factory) across the "P/+" and "PD/+1" terminals. Neither the SJ200 manual I have nor the WJ200 manual online are clear about this.
I know the SJ200 series is the predecessor to the WJ200 series, but it appears the WJ200 has the same terminals, and the same jumper installed from the factory according to the manual available online, so I'm assuming what is proper for the WJ200 is also correct for the SJ200.
WJ200 terminals.JPG
Also, if anyone has a cheat sheet for the parameters that need to be set to enable using the external braking resistor, I would be forever in your debt.
Thanks in advance!
Dean Jahnz
Cannon River Machine
cncsnw

Re: Hitachi SJ200 braking resistor wiring

Post by cncsnw »

Just connect the resistor between the "+" and "RB" terminals.

Leave the jumper in place. It is only removed if you are connecting a "DC link choke", which is an inductor coil between the input rectifiers and the DC bus. See the example diagram on page 4-5 of the WJ200 manual.