Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 102849
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Adding Tool Touch Off Probe Detect - Renishaw Wireless

Post by BodeRacing »

I didn't want to hijack the previous thread on the Renishaw probe, so I will ask my question here.

I have an Atrump mill that has the Centroid M400 control running CNC11. The machine is 2 years old and I recently converted the spindle and tool touch off probes to Renishaw wireless. I am quite happy with the conversion with the exception that I can not figure out how to make the tool touch off probe detect work. I am uncomfortable not having the probe detect, but it looks like the Centroid control does not use probe detect for the TT-1B which is what my my machine originally came with. I used the spindle probe detect successfully.

I do have a functioning signal going to Input 7 for the tool touch off probe detect but it does not do anything in the PLC program as far as a permissive. Looks to me that ProbeAux (input 772) is the tool touch off probe detect but the input is not used anywhere in the PLC program that I can tell. I do use Input 7 for an LED indicator. I can easily bring my signal input into Input 772 but at this point I don't think it makes a difference.

I will admit that my time is limited so I did not read the PLC programming instructions - I winged it from previous programming experiences. And I am not familiar with any of the other source programming so I am stumped on my options. I did not see any way in the PLC program to make the tool touch off probe detect work.

Suggestions? The PLC program in the zip file is probably not current so I attached the latest version. All other files are current.
Attachments
Drawings PDF Version rev May 27 2 2020.pdf
(7.87 MiB) Downloaded 106 times
oak-mill-basic.src
(101.99 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
report_1116170498_2020-05-16_15-05-41.zip
(2.33 MiB) Downloaded 83 times
cncsnw

Re: Adding Tool Touch Off Probe Detect - Renishaw Wireless

Post by cncsnw »

Applying the tool touch-off detect is not a PLC program task.

That is something that CNC11/CNC12 handles directly, based on the value in Parameter 257.

According to your Report, you have not yet set a value in Parameter 257.
BodeRacing
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by BodeRacing »

Thank you very much! I did not think it would be that simple! Quite disappointment in Atrump and there were many errors in parameter values and this would be one of them.

So what value do I put in? I will bring the signal into input 772 so does the parameter become 50772 since parameter 18 is 50771? What does the 50 represent? I assume the 771/772 is the input number.
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC12: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Go down to Legacy Manuals and download the CNC 11 V3.16 Operator Manual. Has all those values in it.
I copied this out of the manual:
CNC 11 3.16 Parameter 257.JPG
Parameter 18:
Parameter 18.JPG
Good thing we have Marc around. Many of us are used to the newer software/hardware revisions...Marc has been around a long time! :D
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
BodeRacing
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by BodeRacing »

I actually read that last night but it wasn't exactly clear to me - that is how I came up with 50772.........
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

The parameter values mirror the CNC system variable numbers.

The 50000 series refers to PLC inputs; 60000+ are PLC outputs; 70000+ are PLC memory bits.