Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 929110276
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

DMM 120-DST-A6HS1 to Allin1dc

Post by jcsb »

Doing a spindle motor retrofit where I would be using a DMM 120-DST-A6HS1 and a DYN4-T01A2-00 AC servo drive. Hoping to get some information on what to be prepared for. Since there really isn't a problem with the mill I didn't include a report zip.
John

This is a mill I bought in 2011 or 2012 from Ajax. The serial number is MPU11 serial number 929110276
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: DMM 120-DST-A6HS1 to Allin1dc

Post by martyscncgarage »

jcsb wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:13 pm Doing a spindle motor retrofit where I would be using a DMM 120-DST-A6HS1 and a DYN4-T01A2-00 AC servo drive. Hoping to get some information on what to be prepared for. Since there really isn't a problem with the mill I didn't include a report zip.
John

This is a mill I bought in 2011 or 2012 from Ajax. The serial number is MPU11 serial number 929110276
How do you propose to connect to All in One DC?
Use the analog output?
Use the Spindle Forward Reverse outputs?

I am perplexed as to exactly what kind of mill this is and why you are trying to use an AC servo motor for a spindle motor?
I think you are on your own to figure it out. DIY=Do It Yourself ;)

Work with DMM Technologies on this one.....

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
jcsb
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 929110276
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by jcsb »

Ajax which must have been an offshoot of Centroid at some time sold the mill which was a retrofit on a mill referred to as a DM45. I owned a machine shop for twenty years with mostly Daewoo lathes and mills. The mill bought from Ajax was merely something to keep at my home to do some fixtures and such for my other hobbies. I'm retired now and had an opportunity to pick up the servo and drive.
With that said reviewing the documentation initially indicates that I might not have another choice but to sloth through this on my on. Just doing my due diligence and seeing it anyone else has any insight. I'm used to going it alone on such projects, but I always reach out to see if there's any other options available.
John
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

It should not be terribly difficult, but it is likely you are the first person doing this.

I thought there had been some discussion on the Acorn section of the forum about using DMM servo drives and motors as spindles. You should search for that thread. Your setup would be basically similar: use one or more relay outputs to Enable the drive when you want it to run, and use the analog voltage reference to control speed. Detecting faults is nice if you can do it. Resetting faults is optional.

You have one advantage over Acorn users: the Allin1DC can be configured to output +/-10V on its analog, so you can use the analog to control direction, and a single relay for the run enable. That is more in line with how servo drives usually operate. You will need a couple changes in the PLC calculations to accommodate bipolar (+/-10V) analog output.