BAD CRASH

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

dawizard

BAD CRASH

Post by dawizard »

I installed an mpu11 running mach3 on a bed mill over 1 year ago and it's been running fine up till now. While running a proven program the Z axis rammed into a part. For some unknown reason the mill skipped drilling 1 hole out of a 9 hole pattern, then when the program ended with g91,g28z0 it rammed the tool into the part at full rapid. My best guess would be corrupted data for some reason. Shouldn't the machine have locked up if that where the case. Why did it take off like it was possessed. Is this a problem with mach? I don't need a machine that I can't trust. Do I need to switch to another control software?
AjaxTech
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: BAD CRASH

Post by AjaxTech »

It could have been cause by noise in the encoder lines for that axis and it put the system in a Runaway condition. I would check the encoder and the encoder signal wires for that axis.
dawizard

Post by dawizard »

The encoder was purchased from ajax. The wiring is shielded with the shielding grounded on the motor side only. Noise was my first thought also, but have already double checked the encoder leads. The strange thing was it missing a hole but continuing to drill the remaining holes as if nothing happened. Out of a 9 hole pattern it skipped the 2nd hole. It was a proven program that had ran several parts before. I have been using nc's for 30 years and have never had a machine do that before. It has ran daily for over a year without any major problems and has ran without any problems since. I know mach3 can be a little buggy. Could a glitch from mach3 have caused both of the problems?
Centroid_Tech

Post by Centroid_Tech »

Dawizard,

We always connect the encoder cable shield at the motion card side not the motor side but as long as your motors are properly grounded to chassis ground you should be ok.

Really cannot speak for the Mach3 software as it is not our software. If you want to try different control software you can opt to buy the Centroid software. It is very user friendly and has it's own conversational programming.

It can be ordered here: http://www.ajaxcnc.com/ajax-cnc-components/
When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report. Find out how to take a report from your Acorn, CNC11 or CNC10 system here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

If your question is PLC, Macro or program related, please also post a copy of the program or macro as well.

Without the above information we may not be able to help and/or reply until the required information is posted..