Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

multi axis jerky

Post by turboram »

Hello I have converted a 5 axis machine with oak board , yaskawa encoders.I have been tinkering with it for over a month Since getting it running.
The problem I am having is that in 3 axis mode it is smooth and fast . But when I do simultaneous 5 axis the machine becomes slower and jerky. I tried many variations of smoothing with almost no success . It appears as though the axis's are almost completely stopping between moves . Smoothing sped up the paths , But made the machine almost rougher/jerkier .A machinist friend said it looked like when they overfeed their older machines that cant process the data fast enough.
I did try posting code with less tolerance(less lines of data) and that made it better , and with smoothing on even better, however .004 tolerance isn't enough for turbo impellers :roll:
Thanks any help would be appreciated
aamir
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: multi axis jerky

Post by aamir »

Hello
U use Centroid M400Pc or M39 ?
For five axis move u need a good higher PC requirements.
For my experience I use 0.01mm~ 0.005mm tolerance for smoother motion .

One thing more for low tolerance means bigger file size
Which software u use for 5axis ?
turboram
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes

Post by turboram »

It is the cnc12 software and the all in one touch screen they sell. I'll have to look at the specs of it
CJD
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC11: No

Post by CJD »

That sounds like a processor that is being over-worked. Have you gone through the install guide to make sure you have to shut down all the background programs, antivirus programs, and updates? If you have already shut all the background processing down, then you will likely need a faster processor.

I went with the cheapest i7 Intel I could get for $300 from best buy. I only have 4 axis, but I have no problems running all 4 axis, and doing my next program at the same time on Inventor HSM, and often looking up parameters with Google at the same time. I know it's horrible CNC etiquette, but my processor never skips a beat.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

If the problem is a lack of PC processor power, then the jerking will be intermittent, and will go away if you turn the feedrate override down far enough (without changing the programmed feedrate).

If the problem is accel/decel tuning and smoothing parameters, then the hesitation pattern (e.g. appearing to slow nearly to a stop at many direction changes) will be consistent, even with the feedrate override turned down.
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

turboram wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:46 pm Hello I have converted a 5 axis machine with oak board , yaskawa encoders.I have been tinkering with it for over a month Since getting it running.
The problem I am having is that in 3 axis mode it is smooth and fast . But when I do simultaneous 5 axis the machine becomes slower and jerky. I tried many variations of smoothing with almost no success . It appears as though the axis's are almost completely stopping between moves . Smoothing sped up the paths , But made the machine almost rougher/jerkier .A machinist friend said it looked like when they overfeed their older machines that cant process the data fast enough.
I did try posting code with less tolerance(less lines of data) and that made it better , and with smoothing on even better, however .004 tolerance isn't enough for turbo impellers :roll:
Thanks any help would be appreciated
ALWAYS POST A FRESH REPORT when asking for assistance. And in this case the offending G Code.
The report tells us how the machine is setup and what processor you are using.

Also, what kind of machine?
PLEASE take the time to follow this post, so that you can get good help:
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=383

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ