CNC Control System Serial Number: 0113202340
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Inverter Wiring

Post by bgpv2xt »

Good Day
I'm back at it. Anyhow got to testing and still not sure of the inverter wiring. I got some advice from the forum but what I really need is a person to look at the attachment in this paragraph and put the names of the labels on the inverter to the row that is on the Centroid Wiring Diagram. The inverter being used is an Automation Direct GS2. By the way in the inverter user manual the diagrams are on page 2-10 and 2-11 if that helps. I'm hoping to get over this speed bump and start making some parts. Thanks
Attachments
inverter.pdf
Inverter Label
(2.44 MiB) Downloaded 118 times
cncsnw

Re: GS2 Inverter Wiring

Post by cncsnw »

Inverter common = DCM
Fault reset = DI4 (you need to set P3.03 = 2)
Run forward = DI1
Run reverse = DI2
0-10VDC analog input = AI
Analog common (both input and output) = ACM
Fault common = R2
Fault NC = R2C
Analog output = AO (you need to set P4.11 = 1)

Also set P3.00 = 1 and P4.00 = 2.
Set P0.01 ... P0.03 to your motor nameplate values, and P0.04 to your desired maximum speed.
Set P1.01, P1.02 and P1.03 to suitable values, dependent on whether or not you have a dynamic braking resistor connected.
If you do have a dynamic braking resistor connected, set P6.05 = 0.
bgpv2xt
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No

Re: Inverter Wiring

Post by bgpv2xt »

OK thanks I will try and look at it this weekend.
bgpv2xt
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No

Re: Inverter Wiring

Post by bgpv2xt »

OK here goes, the last sentence just disappeared for reasons unknown? Anyhow I still have questions about the inverter terminal description you have so kindly submitted.

Analog common (both input and output)=ACM ...... I don't know what that means on page 2-11 there are two ACM terminals shown both with different descriptions. So the question is what does the ACM terminal on the VFD connect to? as far as I can tell each single terminal on the VFD goes to a single terminal on the AllInOne or other equipment.

Next your description shows 9 terminals but there are 10 terminals on the VFD according to how I interpret this Di3, Di5, and Di6 are not connected, yet on the AllIOne diagram all terminals on the VFD are connected to something.

I hope this is making sense, some of the explanation gets fuzzy when communicating by email. Anyhow there it is. also I wanted to send this to MARTY as well. But don't know how to make it attach to his address.
Attachments
INVERTERPAINTpng.png
INVERTERPAINTpng.png (14.03 KiB) Viewed 1529 times