Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: DC1 Wiring Question

Post by CJD »

The e stop wire that goes to ground is green. It changes color after the e-stop switch, as shown in the schematic.

I do not have a VFD reset output. I have to reset the VFD at the VFD. My other VFD wires are as shown in the schematic...and the green goes to the controller chassis gnd.

Are you going somewhere with this...as in, have you found a green that is not ground? This is all straight NEC code stuff. For wires, green is ALWAYS ground. White is neutral, black and red are power supplies. Centroid went farther with the schematic, in that they used ink colors to differentiate the different voltage types and levels by color. I found some deviations from the black and red wires in the schematic...but I have not seen any deviation from Green being Gnd...have you?
tblough
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192

Post by tblough »

The point is Green SHOULD be ground. Shit happens. Don't just assume a green wire is ground. Verify it. Either you or some expensive equipment someday will be ruined because you assumed something about the wiring.
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
dbensavage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 6200 on the All In One and 1814 on the Acorn
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by dbensavage »

I did get the rotary table hooked up this morning. Everything seems to be good and tuned correctly.

Now can anyone tell me how I go about setting up the air brake solenoid. are there parameters or is it PLC programming?
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

That depends on what PLC program you are running and what custom macro files are installed.

If you post a current Report, then someone may be able to tell you.

Alternately, you could just run some M10 and M11 codes at the MDI prompt, and watch to see what output (if any) turns on and off.
CJD
Acorn CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by CJD »

Run a search through the plc you are using for M10 amd M11. Those are the G codes which will set and release the brake. If you find them, then you are using the correct plc. They will likely be converted to notes in the program, since most mills do not have a fourth axis. Once you find them, enable them. There will also be simple macros...just make sure they are present.

If you do not find the M10 and M11 references, then there is another plc you can either copy from...or start over using the correct plc.

As for the rest: It goes without saying you should check wiring...and you can always disregard the schematics and use whatever wire colors you want...after all, your machine, your rules. But I thought the discussion was how to properly set up the control since the OP is setting up his machine for the first time? A note for those interested in doing the job right, the NEC specifies you can use wrong color wires when in a bind, but they should always marked with colored tape at the end of the runs.

Funny story, yesterday I spent 4 hours in a 120 degree attic troubleshooting our main AC unit. The issue was a PO had tapped into the 24v transformer to power an ultraviolet filter light system. Of course, the bozo re-configured ALL of the wire colors going through 3 different nodes. The end result is the entire 4 hours was spent tacking individual traces to find which wire was going where. If proper wiring discipline was followed, it would have been a 15 minute job. The moral...if you wire it like an amateur, someone will have to spend hours in the heat cussing your existence. Amazon delivers in 12 hours, so why not do it right...

Have we beat this horse enough yet??