Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 102139, 20D7787D9392-0817226460
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

CNC12lathe cycle start and G28 problems

Post by Chipwelder »

When I load the attached file6-18-20ring18die.cnc, I can graph it successfully, but It will not run when I press cycle start. The message in the box says it can't load the file. I can graph it so it is loaded somewhere. If I search for a line number and put in line 1 or line 2 it finds it and will now run when I press cycle start.

Now going back, look at the photo of the graphed file. It shows the tool going to a G28 point that causes an internal tool to crash. In the WCS list all G28,G30 work origins and return points are set to X 0.0. Tis file was originally created with intercon(cnc11 version) and if not posted and run directly there was no G28 in it. If I open it to edit anything a G28 is generated near the beginning and at the end. This shouldn't matter if with G28 it went directly to the reference point which would be z straight away from the part at x 0.0 from where the tool is. Now it comes back to the part and at an angle from some phantom reference point that is not in the WCS chart. I can toggle the G28 off, but it seems it wouldn't matter if the control went back to the zero x reference points in the chart. I like to use the G28 tool change but want the tool to clear the part first.

What am I doing wrong with the G28's and why can't the control see the file to cycle start it if it can see it to graph it?
details of my machine software and hardware sold be availale i the links. I do have an upgrade to CNC12-D as shown. I am using CNC11 version of the desktop remote for programming away from the machine.

Thanks for the help,

Greg

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ESN1YpNkHRFP4KQAA
Attachments
6-18-20ring18die.cnc
(800 Bytes) Downloaded 114 times
report_0727150084_2020-06-18_14-44-23.zip
(282.65 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
cnc_smith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: CNC12lathe cycle start and G28 problems

Post by cnc_smith »

Greg,

Would you send the Intercon programs from the machine and the Intercon program created with the desktop remove (offline) software. Give the offline a slightly different name. Also create a report from the offline and send it too. Any time you have a program that is created in Intercon please send it. The Intercon program will help trouble shooting the problem easier.

Looking at the G-code program it looks like you are starting a Z-2.125 and moving to Z0.0 in the profile that is why it looks like the tool will crash being an ID tool. When I look at the Intercon file I will be able to confirm what I am seeing in the g-code program.

The not running of the jo I will need to look at it a little more.
Dana

When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: CNC12lathe cycle start and G28 problems

Post by martyscncgarage »

I moved this topic to the appropriate forum because it was not an Acorn based system.
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes