sandcrab123
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

***RESOLVED***Sinking or Sourcing for Hitachi WJ200 Drive

Post by sandcrab123 »

I received the wiring instructions for the above Drive in another post. Thanks Scott. My question is on what setting should I set the jumper? For sourcing or sinking?

Are there special settings in CNC 11? Where should I be looking at the get the spindel working?

I am using Mach3. Where do I find the setup instructions for my Drive in Mach3.

Getting close to completion :P . Thanks

Dan
AjaxTech
DC3IOB: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Sinking or Sourcing for Hitachi WJ200 Drive

Post by AjaxTech »

sandcrab123,

The jumper should be set for Sinking.

I don't know what "special settings" you are referring to? The spindle should work with the standard PLC program and settings.

The only setup that I can think of is the maximum spindle speed which is located in section 4.2 of the Mach3 operator's manual. Sections 4.26 thru 4.28 of the manual also talk about the spindle brains.
sandcrab123
DC3IOB: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: ***RESOLVED***Sinking or Sourcing for Hitachi WJ200 Driv

Post by sandcrab123 »

Thanks Scott,

My VFD is setup for Sourcing and I was able to get the spindle up and running in Mach 3. There is a setting in the SJ200 that was throwing me off. In Section 2-29 of the Hitachi SJ200 Manual it describes how to test the motor. Section 1 under selecting the digital operator 02 digital operator (which is the inputs on the VFD) There is a setting F001 Output Frequency Setting. This has to be set at Start 00 - High 60 Hz ( or whatever your max should be).

This is not very well explained and has caused some heartburn for a friend of mine as well.

Hope this helps someone else.

Dan