Adjust Panel Jog Rate with Feed Override Knob?

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

simmonds
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900196
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Adjust Panel Jog Rate with Feed Override Knob?

Post by simmonds »

On other CNC mills that I have used, the nominal jog speed is modified by the feed override. In the case of the Ajax hardware, this would be the analog pot on the operator panel. This does not appear to be the default behavior and I have not seen anything about such a feature in either Instalation or Operator Manuals.

I have found this to be a convenient behavior. Is there any simple way to implement it with the All-in-one hardware and Centroid program?

My the way, my retrofit of an old YCI knee-mill is now complete an I am very happy with the outcome. Thanks Ajax.
diycncscott

Re: Adjust Panel Jog Rate with Feed Override Knob?

Post by diycncscott »

You are correct, the feedrate override knob on the jog pendant does adjust the programmed feedrate as well as the fast and slow jog rate.

If you don't see any effect while adjusting the override knob - is the machine homed? Does the feedrate override percentage on the screen change? (upper right portion of screen) Does it work in a feedrate move? (G1)

In MDI try a command with a feedrate such as:

G1 X10 F25

Press cycle start and adjust the feedrate while the axis is moving - does it work?
cncsnw

Re: Adjust Panel Jog Rate with Feed Override Knob?

Post by cncsnw »

G12??

That probably should be "G1". Personally I would use "G1 G91 X10 F25" or something like that, to do an incremental move from the current position. That way it does not matter whether the machine has been homed; where the part zero is set; or where within the travels we are starting. Just be sure you have enough room to go the distance you ask for. If necessary ask for a shorter distance (e.g. "G1 G91 X2 F25").

On another note: is the word "Feedrate" in the status window in the upper right corner of the screen highlighted in Red? If it is, that indicates that "Rapid Override" mode is turned Off. With Rapid Override Off, the feedrate override knob will still affect programmed feedrates, but it will not affect Rapid (G0) moves or jogging moves.