bonestock
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

*** RESOLVED *** Can Jog but Can't move via MDI

Post by bonestock »

For the last several months and a couple demo licenses I have been trying to get CNC11 working. I debated on posting my CNC11 issue separately but I believe the issue I am seeing with CNC11 and Mach to be related.

These issues seem to have occurred since recovering the MPU11 via the boot stick. Once the board was back up and running I started CNC11 3.04 so that it could load the updated firmware and I could continue troubleshooting the CNC11 setup.

CNC11: No faults are displayed, SW Limits are Zero, HW Limits are not tripped, Keyboard jogging enabled in the params, Drives are correctly referenced in params 300-303, Jog Panel Required disabled in the PLC, etc. I can successfully navigate to the MDI screen and the drives enable-- but None of my MDI commands execute. Nothing happens. Additionally I am unable to Jog the table from the keyboard.

After several hours of this I stopped my fiddling with CNC11 so that I could knock out a few orders with Mach. The only catch is that I am having similar problems when I use Mach.

Mach: This was a working setup before I messed up the firmware trying to get CNC11 going, later necessitating a boot stick. No wiring has changed, No parameters have changed, Just the boot stick and the CNC11 3.04 firmware. That is what is so very confusing. When I press "Reset" the drive enable and I can Jog in mach but no Gcode will execute. I receive no errors indicating a problem--just nothing happens.

I am curious if anyone has seen similar issues. Should I try an earlier version of CNC11 firmware? I have been trying to sort this out for a week and have not made much progress.
bonestock

Re: Can Jog but Can't move via MDI

Post by bonestock »

Just came across this thread regarding Mach firmware only being downloaded the first startup after the plugin update has been installed. http://www.ajaxcnc.com/ajaxbb/viewtopic ... rmware#p18

I will give this a try tomorrow.

Hopefully this will fix my Mach issue, Though I am still curious what additional CNC11 problems I have to sort through.
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Power everything off, power back up.

Make sure Mach doesn't think a limit is tripped, check your overrides and make sure you specify a feedrate for your MDI move:

G1 X1 F25

Observe that the feedrate changes in Mach to reflect the commanded feedrate
bonestock

Post by bonestock »

Power cycling the system was the one of the first things I attempted in my troubleshooting.

I always specify the feed rate when running MDI commands, but do not recall if Mach updated with the feed rate. I will check this evening.

Thanks
bonestock

Post by bonestock »

I resolved the issues with Mach found some new issues with CNC11. I just needed to step away for a few minutes and then i noticed the Z limits were tripped. :oops: The jumpered connections to the gpio were removed during some of my troubleshooting of CNC11 but never made it back.

This was all that was required to fix Mach and now it is back to making chips.

My CNC11 issue of the moment, I suspect to be related to the SW limits. I'll post into a new topic.