CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

analog question

Post by sml2011 »

Hi to all

Can you please Help me for a old cnc machine:

I have a 4axis old CNC machine with analog driver, I want retrofit my CNC machine with Ajax board.
I don't want change my Drivers and motors.
Is it possible?
Can you please tell me a little about "Add4AD4DA" ?

I don't use 4th axis, Can i use "All in one DC " and connect motors to "optional DC1 " ? and remove drives?

Thank you
diycncscott

Re: analog question

Post by diycncscott »

The GPIO4D system is what you want to go with. It controls up to 4 axes via analog outputs. The ADD4AD4DA is an add-on board to allow the PLC to read 4 analog inputs and write to 4 analog outputs - it is not used for controlling a servo amplifier.

The ALLIN1DC has an integrated 3 axis servo amplifier that you may be able to use with your motors but you will need to provide the make/model and specs on your existing servo motors in order for me give you a better answer.
sml2011
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by sml2011 »

Hi Dear AjaxScott

Thank you very much for your fast reply.

I don't know model/specification of my machine correctly and i must see it later but i think it is not very power full motors and i think it must be near 40in-Lb.
you give me happy when i here that The GPIO4D system can control my machine.
Does it only control rotary table machines or it is able to control head rotary? does it support RTCP in all 5 axis?
Dear Scott my friend have a old 5 axis machine and near 2month later it's machine control become very shadowy and he is a little crazy, can you please tell me, How we can help to my friend for retrofit with ajax board ? I am sorry if my question is simple because i am new with your product and i am interest in your board.

Does The Allin1Dc board can control analog motors?

Does The allin1Dc and the GPIO4D are able to control continue motion by high feed rate(high speed machining)? Does these boards control analog motors directly or it need another board to connect with these boards?

Sorry for many questions.
Thank you
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

I'm not sure what you mean by "analog motors". If you are asking if the ALLIN1DC provides analog outputs to interface with
a third party servo amplifier? No. The ALLIN1DC connects directly to DC brushed servo motors rated at up to ~130VDC. This is
where it would be helpful to know the make/model and details on your existing servo motors and amplifiers.

I believe you are asking our control can handle a "tilting head" style of machine. The short answer is yes, our control systems
provide fully interpolated control of up to 8 axes -however- you will need a CAD/CAM system to program this
type of motion.

In general:

1. The ALLIN1DC can directly control most DC brushed motors up to about 50"/lbs.

2. All systems (GPIO4D & ALLIN1DC) require differential encoder feedback from the motors.

3. ALLIN1DC systems can be upgraded using single axis add-on boards for full interpolated control of up to 6 axes however anything over 4 is subject to export restrictions

4. The GPIO4D provides 4 analog outputs to 3rd party servo amplifiers - this system can be upgraded to control up to 8 axes -again subject to export restrictions above 4 axes.