FADAL TRM Running under OAK & DYN4

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

cncsnw

Re: FADAL TRM Running under OAK & DYN4

Post by cncsnw »

While there is a lot of logic related to lube control, it is pretty well isolated to the two lube-control stages (LubeUsePumpTimersStage and LubeUsePLCTimersStage), plus a couple lines in the fault-detection section of MainStage that look at the LubeOk input.

So one solution is to just delete the two lube-control stages in their entirety; plus (since there is no point in maintaining a LubeOk input) delete those couple lines from MainStage.

Another solution is to do it as the Acorn "universal template" does: define new memory bits named Lube_O and LubeOk_I (or whatever name you have on INP9), then leave all the lube-control logic in place. That takes less editing, but leaves the PLC program longer and more complicated than it needs to be.
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

cncsnw wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:45 pm While there is a lot of logic related to lube control, it is pretty well isolated to the two lube-control stages (LubeUsePumpTimersStage and LubeUsePLCTimersStage), plus a couple lines in the fault-detection section of MainStage that look at the LubeOk input.

So one solution is to just delete the two lube-control stages in their entirety; plus (since there is no point in maintaining a LubeOk input) delete those couple lines from MainStage.

Another solution is to do it as the Acorn "universal template" does: define new memory bits named Lube_O and LubeOk_I (or whatever name you have on INP9), then leave all the lube-control logic in place. That takes less editing, but leaves the PLC program longer and more complicated than it needs to be.
Marc, I was able to successfully comment out the all the lines, add the SpindleAirPurge line and its working fine.
I went into the Diagonstic screen and when I scrolled over to OUT2, the lable still says Lube_O
Where are the lables for the Diagnostic screen kept?

One other question. The FADAL TRM has a push button switch one the side of the head for the pneumatic power drawbar. I want to disable it when the spindle is on. I assume same thing as the SpindleAirPurge. Find and rename an output?

Thanks!
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
martyscncgarage

Just figured out the drawbar push button issue. I can use the NC contact on the SpindleAirPurge output. Spindle not running the drawbar circuit complete
Mesa, AZ
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Token names for the PLC Diagnostic display are in the "mpu.sym" file.

If you compile the new PLC program from within the c:\cncm directory, then the symbol file will be there already as well. If you compile it remotely, then you need to copy mpu.sym along with mpu.plc (and also plc.map and mpu.dbg, if you want PLC Detective to work).
martyscncgarage

cncsnw wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:43 pm Token names for the PLC Diagnostic display are in the "mpu.sym" file.

If you compile the new PLC program from within the c:\cncm directory, then the symbol file will be there already as well. If you compile it remotely, then you need to copy mpu.sym along with mpu.plc (and also plc.map and mpu.dbg, if you want PLC Detective to work).
Makes sense. I did the work on my desktop PC and just moved the mpu.plc file. Though the directory I was working in was a copy of the cncm directory on the FADAL
Mesa, AZ
martyscncgarage

I added an ice cube relay to my SpindlePurgeAir OUT2 on Oak. The common goes to +24VDC, NC goes to the pneumatic power drawbar switch which in turn fires the solenoid for the power drawbar. NO goes to the solenoid that turn on the FADAL spindle air curtain.

I went ahead and wired the ZERO speed output from the GS3 to Oak's Zero speed input. I see it turning on and off in the Alt i diagnostic screen OK.

So, the next question, what mod needs to be made so that the SpindlePurgeAir output remains on until the Zero speed input turns on?
I am wondering now, if I should have tied the output to the ZeroSpeed input?

Thoughts appreciated. Latest report attached.
Thanks Marc for having this dialog here.
Marty
Attachments
report_1217190899_2020-04-14_10-44-51.zip
(268.74 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Mesa, AZ
martyscncgarage

I got the spindle air purge working ok by adding these lines (and the SpindleAirPurge lable) to the PLC and compiing it
IF SpindleEnableOut_O THEN (SpindleAirPurge) ;SpindleAirPurge is active anytime Enable is active
IF !ZeroSpeed_I THEN (SpindleAirPurge)

My editing/commenting "etiquette" is probably not quite right, so suggestions on how to better identify changes to the PLC appreciated
Report attached
Marty
Attachments
report_1217190899_2020-04-15_13-06-03.zip
(269.63 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
Mesa, AZ
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

I would add any comments describing what was changed and when to the existing "Mods" list at the top of the file (newest entry at the top).

There is no particular need to comment out the message definitions and the LubeFault_M memory bit. I usually leave those things in place even when not used, because they are part of the standard framework (I am not going to use message numbers 26 and 36, or MEM49, for anything else).

The logic:

Code: Select all

IF SpindleEnableOut_O THEN (SpindleAirPurge) ;SpindleAirPurge is active anytime Enable is active
controls the SpindleAirPurge output exclusively in response to the ZeroSpeed_I input. The first line has no effect.

What you probably want is this:

IF SpindleEnableOut_O || !ZeroSpeed_I THEN (SpindleAirPurge)
That way, the air purge runs if the spindle enable output is on, OR if the zero-speed input is not closed.

If there is more than one piece of logic in the PLC program that requires this test (e.g. if you routed your tool-release button and drawbar solenoid through PLC logic, or if you had a friction brake) then you would want to funnel the "running" test to a memory bit, and test that each time it was needed. For example:

SpindleTurning_M IS MEM5
; ...
IF SpindleEnableOut_O || !ZeroSpeed_I THEN (SpindleTurning_M)
IF SpindleTurning_M THEN (SpindleAirPurge)
; ...
IF ToolReleaseButton && !SpindleTurning_M && !SV_JOB_IN_PROGRESS THEN (ToolUnclampSol)
martyscncgarage

cncsnw wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:35 pm I would add any comments describing what was changed and when to the existing "Mods" list at the top of the file (newest entry at the top).

There is no particular need to comment out the message definitions and the LubeFault_M memory bit. I usually leave those things in place even when not used, because they are part of the standard framework (I am not going to use message numbers 26 and 36, or MEM49, for anything else).

The logic:

controls the SpindleAirPurge output exclusively in response to the ZeroSpeed_I input. The first line has no effect.

What you probably want is this:

IF SpindleEnableOut_O || !ZeroSpeed_I THEN (SpindleAirPurge)
That way, the air purge runs if the spindle enable output is on, OR if the zero-speed input is not closed.

If there is more than one piece of logic in the PLC program that requires this test (e.g. if you routed your tool-release button and drawbar solenoid through PLC logic, or if you had a friction brake) then you would want to funnel the "running" test to a memory bit, and test that each time it was needed. For example:

SpindleTurning_M IS MEM5
; ...
IF SpindleEnableOut_O || !ZeroSpeed_I THEN (SpindleTurning_M)
IF SpindleTurning_M THEN (SpindleAirPurge)
; ...
IF ToolReleaseButton && !SpindleTurning_M && !SV_JOB_IN_PROGRESS THEN (ToolUnclampSol)
Thank you Marc.
Your OR statement suggestion worked.
With respect to the Lube fault memory bit. I trust it won't cause issues if I leave it that way? I didn't know if I needed to remove all "lube" references or not.
Not that I need one, but I could also now repurpose the low lube input if needed.

Thank you again!
Marty
Mesa, AZ
martyscncgarage

Any recommendations on what size quencharcs used on 24VDC pneumatic solenoids and 24vdc ice cube relays?
Mesa, AZ