FADAL TRM Running under OAK & DYN4

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

cncsnw

Re: FADAL TRM Running under OAK & DYN4

Post by cncsnw »

There is almost certainly a "right" answer to that, involving either an R-C device (like a Quencharc) or a resistor-diode combination.

However, I usually just use a 1N4001 or 1N4004 diode across the coil terminals (reverse-biased, of course).

For ice cube relays, if you are getting your relays from Automation Direct, you can use either the QL2X1-D24, which has a diode built in; or you can use the 782-2C-24D plus AD-BSMD-250 diode modules that plug into the socket.
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

cncsnw wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:43 pm There is almost certainly a "right" answer to that, involving either an R-C device (like a Quencharc) or a resistor-diode combination.

However, I usually just use a 1N4001 or 1N4004 diode across the coil terminals (reverse-biased, of course).

For ice cube relays, if you are getting your relays from Automation Direct, you can use either the QL2X1-D24, which has a diode built in; or you can use the 782-2C-24D plus AD-BSMD-250 diode modules that plug into the socket.
Thanks Marc.
I will use the AD relays. I used a relay, Common is +24VDC, NO is Spindle Air Purge, NC is Drawbar button power. So a user can't use the power drawbar button when the machine is running. (Thanks for advising me about the VFD Zerospeed output)

Do you put something across the pneumatic solenoid coils? (24VDC) or do you do the same thing, blocking diodes?
I have 3,
Spindle Air Purge
Power Draw Bar
Mist

Small terminal block in the cabinet. All the COMs land on one terminal and then each of the above land on their own terminal. Easy for me to add suppression if needed.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

It can't hurt to put diodes across them.

It is probably not critical, since: (1) the solenoid coils are probably small; (2) you are controlling them with relays, not transistor outputs; and (3) you are using a 24VDC supply for them that is separate from the 24VDC you use for your PLC inputs.
martyscncgarage

cncsnw wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:55 pm It can't hurt to put diodes across them.

It is probably not critical, since: (1) the solenoid coils are probably small; (2) you are controlling them with relays, not transistor outputs; and (3) you are using a 24VDC supply for them that is separate from the 24VDC you use for your PLC inputs.
Sounds reasonable to me.
Thanks Marc
Mesa, AZ
martyscncgarage

NEW one.
I Setup a DP-4 all working well
Then I proceeded to setup a TT-2

When I Press F3 to seek the Reference tool, I am met with a "Probe not found" message.
I have the TT-2 and the DP-4 setup per their manuals. I can see the input on 772 when the connector is connected, and 769 when the probe is tripped.
Has me stumped. Its almost as if the PLC isn't seeing or looking for the TT connected on input 772
It is tripping on input 769

Fresh report attached.
Thanks in advance.
Marty
Attachments
report_1217190899_2020-04-18_14-53-29.zip
(277.56 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
Mesa, AZ
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Are you using the DP4 as the reference tool?

Or are you using a different reference tool?

If you want to use a tool other than the DP4 as the reference tool, try setting Parameter 43 = 2.
martyscncgarage

I can't even get the TT-2 to work just yet.
I'd like to know if all is well but what the problem might be. (Trying to learn)
Mesa, AZ
martyscncgarage

Sorry, didn't answer your question Marc. Yes ultimately.
Probe will be the reference tool. I'd like to experiment with different ways.

Just curious to know why the probe unplugged, and TT-2 plugged in, why the control didn't respond to seeing it?

I'm reading up on Parameters 43 and 44 trying to make some sense out of them.

So when the bulkhead connector is shared, the probe detect is the same for both. The probe tripped is on separate inputs which makes sense.
Is the issue about sharing the connector and telling the control how you want to use them?
Sure seems like this should be in the manuals with an explanation...(unless I am off base)

Marty
Mesa, AZ
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

So when the bulkhead connector is shared, the probe detect is the same for both. The probe tripped is on separate inputs which makes sense.
It is the other way around. Both trip on INP769, but the detect signals are different (INP771 and INP772).

That is important, because generally it should be allowable to start the the spindle with a TT2 plugged in, but not allowable to start the spindle with a DP4 plugged in.
Is the issue about sharing the connector and telling the control how you want to use them?
Theoretically, Parameters 11, 18, 44 and 257 take care of this. As far as I can tell, you have appropriate values in all of those parameters. So, if you are unable to get the TT2 to work even for auto measuring a tool offset in the offset library, then it is worth talking to Centroid tech support about it.

What, exactly, does happen when you try to auto measure a tool height offset? What message appears on the screen?
Sure seems like this should be in the manuals with an explanation...(unless I am off base)
Yes, it should. Care to take a stab at it?

Don't forget to account for the probe-only, TT-only, and probe+TT cases; also for the possibility that either device might or might not have a detection circuit (the TT1, prior to the TT1B, does not); also that either device might be used for setting Z Reference in the Offset Library, and that either device might be used for auto-setting the Z axis Part Zero in the Part Setup screen; and that, while most commonly both devices trip on the same input, that is not required. For a brief (and ill-advised) period around the release of the RTK3 unit, Centroid promoted the idea of having a separate PLC input for the probe. If Parameter 44 is not equal to Parameter 11, then bad things can happen if there is any confusion about which device is to be used to set Z Reference or set Part Zero.

So maybe you can see why the simple, comprehensive instructions have not materialized yet....
ridekp
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by ridekp »

martyscncgarage wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:03 pm
Has me stumped. Its almost as if the PLC isn't seeing or looking for the TT connected on input 772
It is tripping on input 769
Hey Marty,

Just curious what your resolution was for the issue with the TT2. Did you get it working with the TT2 detection on 772?