DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: FADAL TRM Running under OAK & DYN4

Post by martyscncgarage »

ridekp wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:55 pm
martyscncgarage wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:03 pm
Has me stumped. Its almost as if the PLC isn't seeing or looking for the TT connected on input 772
It is tripping on input 769
Hey Marty,

Just curious what your resolution was for the issue with the TT2. Did you get it working with the TT2 detection on 772?
Resolved some time ago. Machine was sold many months ago. New owner is using a DP4 and TT2 with it.
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
ridekp
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by ridekp »

That's awesome, do you recall what the solution was? How did you get the TT2 detect working with input 772?
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes

ridekp wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:14 pm That's awesome, do you recall what the solution was? How did you get the TT2 detect working with input 772?
I do not, are you having trouble? If so, post a new topic, details and most importantly a FRESH Report. F7 Utility, F7 Create Report
Mesa, AZ
ridekp

Post by ridekp »

No problem. I am just interested in the discussed combination potentially for future use and found this thread. There are not many hits in this forum when searching for TT2. My interest was piqued when you seemed to be stumped by following the available documentation and Marc said all of your settings looked correct. When I see things like this it would give me more confidence in the setup if I knew what the path to success was. Especially when two very seasoned centroid users are tracking down a problem.

Also, with the documentation available, it seems light on the use of input 772 for TT2 detect. Opening the src and plc files I only see mention of input 771 for probe detect, though it is entirely possible I am looking in the wrong place.
martyscncgarage

ridekp wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:55 pm No problem. I am just interested in the discussed combination potentially for future use and found this thread. There are not many hits in this forum when searching for TT2. My interest was piqued when you seemed to be stumped by following the available documentation and Marc said all of your settings looked correct. When I see things like this it would give me more confidence in the setup if I knew what the path to success was. Especially when two very seasoned centroid users are tracking down a problem.

Also, with the documentation available, it seems light on the use of input 772 for TT2 detect. Opening the src and plc files I only see mention of input 771 for probe detect, though it is entirely possible I am looking in the wrong place.
The DP-4 and TT-2 Manuals are great resources. Also, I follow the Centroid wiring diagrams and use their probe bulkhead cable and CPC connector.
All can be found here: https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... nuals.html
Mesa, AZ
ruirosa
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes

Post by ruirosa »

Hello,
Dear Marthy
I am also having the same problem with the OAK+DYN4 Z axis (using a 1,8 KW servo with Brake)
Always faulting for feeds over 300mm/min. Similar to the one that you have on the video FADAL TRM - Centroid CNC Oak DMM AC Servo Conversion - Finale'. When you mention that a 100 ohm resistor solved the problem.
I would like to know the wattage of the resistor if ypu still remember. Or the value must be given by DMM?
(

Thanking in advance
Rui
martyscncgarage

ruirosa wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:07 am Hello,
Dear Marthy
I am also having the same problem with the OAK+DYN4 Z axis (using a 1,8 KW servo with Brake)
Always faulting for feeds over 300mm/min. Similar to the one that you have on the video FADAL TRM - Centroid CNC Oak DMM AC Servo Conversion - Finale'. When you mention that a 100 ohm resistor solved the problem.
I would like to know the wattage of the resistor if ypu still remember. Or the value must be given by DMM?
(

Thanking in advance
Rui
Yes, the Z axis Dyn4 drive required a braking resistor because the head was not counter balanced. Yes, consult with DMM on its value.

Marty
Mesa, AZ