***RESOLVED***9023 Communication out fault (fiber1)

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

midohio
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900187
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

***RESOLVED***9023 Communication out fault (fiber1)

Post by midohio »

I am having difficulty in my bench top set up.
I have tried to follow the setup guide - I have reloaded the software a couple of times & also tried it on a different computer.
I do not have a MPG so using the forum directions I believe I have it disabled correctly.
The four LED lights on the MPU board light as the manual says, 3 on with the second one flashing.
I jumpered on the limit switches and e-stop ,which light up properly in real time I/O display screen.
I set the parameters 308-315 to zero for the encoders and 178 to 3.0 for lube and spindle to be disabled.
I get a 9023 PLC communication out falt (fiber 1) when starting.
I have checked the connections and also switched out fibers, but = the same fault.
Please help as I must not be doing something correctly.
Thanks
cncsnw

Re: 9023 Communication out fault (fiber1)

Post by cncsnw »

What is the display on the 7-segment LED (LED1) on the DC3IOB unit?

The 9023 error is supposed to mean that the PLC section of the DC3IOB is communicating back to the MPU11, but it is reporting that it is not receiving valid communications from the MPU11.
midohio

Post by midohio »

Thanks for the response.
You asked--(What is the display on the 7-segment LED (LED1) on the DC3IOB unit?)
If I understand what you are asking, the LED number showing is 1.
Attached is real time I/O display if that may help you.
screen with fault.doc
real time I/O display
(90.5 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
When powering up the Small LED light next to the post by the Fiber 1 socket lights up for a second -then kicks off when the fault occurs (LED #D30).
Is this caused by not having a MPG and not configuring it properly - as I will be operating mill with a key board?
If I did not answer your 7-segment LED question properly sorry, please give more specifics and I will get what you are looking for.
Thank You .
77randyc
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by 77randyc »

I had this same problem during testing and after setup, and every time i turn my machine on i still have this problem. Like you i loaded my software a bunch of times, changed computers, checked my wiring. Then i got so mad i kept turning my machine on and off. Then i found out it takes about 2 to 5 times turning my machine off and on, powering up the software to get past that fault. Still every time i power up my machine i have to do this. Try it it worked for me.
midohio

Post by midohio »

Thanks for the advice -Tried multiple starts no luck - to get it to restart I must power down both boards before it will try restart the DC3I/O board.
When I toggle the e-stop it shows e-stop detected then e-stop released then the fiber1 fault shows up again.
I looked at the fuses but can not see any of them that appear bad, could this be a fuse problem?
Should I be looking at the board as the problem or the way my parameters are configured?
Thanks.
AjaxTech
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by AjaxTech »

Please email a report from your system to tech@ajaxcnc.com. From the main screen, press F7(Utility)->F7(Report)->highlight where you want to save the report->F10(Accept). Thanks.
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Make sure the DC3IOB and MPU11 are powered up simultaneously. If the MPU11 is started first, you can get these errors.

To confirm -

1. Power up your system as you normally would.
2. If you get the PLC error message, shutdown the software and then unplug MPU11 while leaving the DC3IOB powered.
3. Plug the MPU11 back in, wait 1 minute and then start CNC11 again.
4. Cycle Estop - does the message go away?
midohio

Post by midohio »

8-19 screen.doc
After powering down MPU11
(159 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
No change after unplugging MPU11 & restarting CNC11 program. DC3IOB board starts show small LED light by fiber1 socket lights up briefly- kicks off showing fault -toggling e-stop the light or board never restarts. Attach please find screen when doing so. Normal start up in my set up is both are plugged into surge protector and using the switch in protector to start boards.
Thanks,
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Ok, thanks for trying. Please send the report.zip to tech@ajaxcnc.com as requested.

To create the report.zip: Press F1-Setup, F7-Utilities, F7 Report. Please send only the report.zip file
AjaxTech
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by AjaxTech »

Upon receiving the DC3IOB, it was determined that the issue was that the PLC_Slave jumper was installed which meant that it was looking at the PLC Expansion connector instead of the PLC fibers, 1 & 3, for the information. This caused the 9023 error.