MPU11 & GPIO4D -w/ 3rd Party Drives: No
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Bridgeport Torqcut 22 Rebuild and Oak Retrofit

Post by AshG »

So i bought a Bridgeport Torq Cut 22. I got it from Marty on here (martyscncgarage). His intention was always to convert it to OAK but then he went and found an atrump machine with centroid already on it. To cut a long story short we worked out a deal then i had to figure out how to get the machine 1800miles from Arizona to Georgia. That was a real fun exercise! lets just say i have a greater respect for logistics planners and riggers after the whole affair.

I'm not sure if you guys are interested or if its even ok on centroids forum (i am converting it to oak after all) but my plan is to pretty much disassemble the whole machine, clean it up repaint the enclosure repair and rebuild all the major components, put it all back together make sure it still works then convert to centroid oak.

I'm already knees deep into the disassembly and cleanup of the machine if anyone is interested i can start posting some pictures up.

i made a couple of videos and stuck them on the you tube if anyone is interested.

Jdub63
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Bridgeport Torqcut 22 Rebuild and Oak Retrofit

Post by Jdub63 »

Any updates on this build? I'm in the process of cleaning up my Torq-Cut 22 for an eventual retrofit to Oak. Perhaps we can compare notes :)

thanks,

Jim
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Bridgeport Torqcut 22 Rebuild and Oak Retrofit

Post by martyscncgarage »

Jdub63 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:57 am Any updates on this build? I'm in the process of cleaning up my Torq-Cut 22 for an eventual retrofit to Oak. Perhaps we can compare notes :)

thanks,

Jim
Ash has a photo album, he did STRIP the entire machine down, inspected it, rebuilt replaced anything that needed repair, and has it back up and running on the original control. Their first child kinda got in the way of things. Baby girl already has dad wrapped around her little finger. :D
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ