Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Compatibility of servomotors and drivers with oak board

Post by HACS »

I just purchased an Bridgeport VMC 1000/22 with a DX-32 Controller. The machine is from 1995and the controller does not work, I would like to retrofit the controller. Servo motor and servo drivers are working fine.

I was wondering if you could help me with that. I have been reading and my conclusion it's that - Centroid "Oak" closed loop CNC Controller- will make the job but i wanted to be sure about it, so that's why I'm writing to you.

Can you tell me if the controller will work with SIMODRIVE 611 6SN and with siemens totally enclosed brushless high performance AC motors (each motor contains an ac tachometer, hall effect switches and an encoder)?

Thank you
eng199
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Compatibility of servomotors and drivers with oak board

Post by eng199 »

It appears that a variety of different option modules could be installed in the SIMODRIVE to change its operation. There is probably more to the part number than "611 6SN". After a quick search for SIMODRIVE, I think it would be very difficult to find the information needed to get them hooked up and working.
joneg

Post by joneg »

the siemens 611 drives from that machine should be the analog ones, you should be able to run them with no problem from the +/- 10v analog signal from a centroid control. the siemens motors have the tach and hall effect signals feeding the 611 module and the encoder signal would feed the centroid control.
there are some drive enable signals on the 611 drives you will have to wire into the cnc
joneg

Post by joneg »

the 611 drives were made in both analog and digital drive bus versions. to verify you have the analog 611 drives and not the digital ones look for connector X321, terminal 56 and 14 are the +/- 10 v input and ref.
an oak board in velocity mode should work fine