**RESOLVED** GPIO4D Output1 trouble (Solved ajaxplugin 1.16)

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

simmonds
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900196
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: GPIO4D Output 1 trouble

Post by simmonds »

Thanks for your comment, but if this does not have anything to do with the relay, then I am totally confused.

The ONLY change I made to the system was to set parameter 5 to 1.0000 ( exactly as instructed by Ajax tech support) and this immediately caused the No Fault relay to begin functioning as expected. Is it possible that there has been some recent change to the PLC or firmware that makes the relay operation dependent on successful homing?
bonestock
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by bonestock »

simmonds wrote:Thanks for your comment, but if this does not have anything to do with the relay, then I am totally confused.

The ONLY change I made to the system was to set parameter 5 to 1.0000 ( exactly as instructed by Ajax tech support) and this immediately caused the No Fault relay to begin functioning as expected. Is it possible that there has been some recent change to the PLC or firmware that makes the relay operation dependent on successful homing?
I wouldn't think that would be the case. At least I really hope that is not the case--since you have to have your Estop circuit closed in order home.

I still have not resolved my issues with this output and have been running my machine without it. Sadly the ajaxplugin does not seem to allow some of the flexibility in changing this input as you would with the mpu.plc program. If it is possible then it has eluded me thus far.
simmonds
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900196
CNC12: Yes

Post by simmonds »

Yes, I would expect that the EStop needs to be closed for motors to run, but this is not necessarily incompatible with the behavior I am seeing.

On my Haas VMC, the axes can be "homed" after power-on but the mill will not accept any other motor commands (e.g. Jog) until that completes successfully. Perhaps the Ajax is considered in "Fault" for other activities until it has been homed.

Just guessing.
CNC-Global
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by CNC-Global »

bonestock:

send report file to tech@ajaxcnc.com
Also which output you want to switch your nofault relay ....i.e out2 out3 or any one..

CNC-Global
bonestock

Post by bonestock »

CNC-Global wrote:bonestock:

send report file to tech@ajaxcnc.com
Also which output you want to switch your nofault relay ....i.e out2 out3 or any one..
l
Will do. Thank you. I actually just sent an email regarding a CNC11 demo code so I can modify the plc and test just that.
bonestock

Post by bonestock »

This issue is resolved in ajaxplugin 1.16. This release comes packaged with several additional brains. One of them is a brain for the nofault operation. A thanks out to Scott for answering my email.