Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Desired control changes

Post by dplain »

First of all I would like to say I'm a fan of the spartan nature of the control. Too many programs are ruined from "feature creep" and fancy graphics which the user won't even notice after he runs it for a while.

However, there are a few tweeks that I would like:

- Inhibit all but basic jogging until machine is homed. I had a guy setup all of his tools and the machine wasn't homed yet.

- Have tool wear values displayed on the same screen as offsets or at least have the wear entry zero out when using "measure tool" for that axis.

- Have the current tool receive the default focus when opening the tool table. Have the focus change to the new tool if the user does an "ATC" command.

- When the user uses "search" to run a program from the middle the program pops up with the desired line highlighted. I would like the user to be able to use the cursor keys to move up or down in the program to select a different line to run from.

- I'm not sure if it's in my PLC program or in the nature of the control but if you select a run from line with the tool change on it the control will select the previous tool (as it should) then ignores the tool change just applies the offset for the new tool and continues to run. It's not a big deal I tell my guys to make sure it has the correct tool before allowing the prorgam to contiune.

Thanks,

Dave
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Desired control changes

Post by cnckeith »

dplain wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:07 pm

- Inhibit all but basic jogging until machine is homed. I had a guy setup all of his tools and the machine wasn't homed yet. << often it is necessary to be able to jog the machine before homing. .... :D maybe this one falls into "operator training" area.>>

- Have tool wear values displayed on the same screen as offsets or at least have the wear entry zero out when using "measure tool" for that axis. "<< this is on the to do list>>

- Have the current tool receive the default focus when opening the tool table. Have the focus change to the new tool if the user does an "ATC" command. << this is on the to do list>>

- When the user uses "search" to run a program from the middle the program pops up with the desired line highlighted. I would like the user to be able to use the cursor keys to move up or down in the program to select a different line to run from. << nice idea, i'll add it to the list>>

- I'm not sure if it's in my PLC program or in the nature of the control but if you select a run from line with the tool change on it the control will select the previous tool (as it should) then ignores the tool change just applies the offset for the new tool and continues to run. It's not a big deal I tell my guys to make sure it has the correct tool before allowing the prorgam to contiune. << please clarify what you would like it to do or not do? thanks, Keith>>

Thanks,

Dave
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
dplain
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by dplain »

Don't get me started on operator training... I'm not talking about disabling jogging on an un-homed machine. I'm talking about ONLY allowing
jogging (and maybe tool changes) until machine is homed.
converterking

Post by converterking »

I have a 3 axis bed mill that has a manual quill. I often use this machine to drill a hole without homing it.
CRM
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900171

Post by CRM »

I also have a 3 axis bed mill. I think having nearly everything disabled until you home is a good idea. So, would you be cool with a machine that has only manual spindle control and jogging available before homing? (I assume yours doesn't have an ATC if the quill is manual, so you could load whatever tool you want independent of the Centroid control).
Dean Jahnz
Cannon River Machine
joneg

Post by joneg »

one feature i would like to see is being able to write a multi line program in mdi
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

joneg wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:11 am one feature i would like to see is being able to write a multi line program in mdi
That's been suggested. Its being considered but not high on their priority list.
I would like that feature too, I have had customers ask the same thing.
It boils down to resources and priorities for Centroid.

Maybe we'll see it in the future
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
CRM
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900171

Post by CRM »

mark me down as one who would like to see its priority level enhanced. ;)
Dean Jahnz
Cannon River Machine
dplain
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by dplain »

Maybe a persistant MDI program like Haas does would be nice.