Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900727
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Estun Servo Tuning

Post by MRW »

Alright Everyone. After a long road of frustration with this thing I have FINALLY figured out the issue of this ESTUN drive setup. Tech support had done a number of Team Viewer sessions on this machine and we where all kind of at our wits end to understand why this thing could not be tuned, and it always seemed that the drives did not have enough power, as you could just lean against the table in either X or Y and it would fault out with an Error 410 Axis (1) position error. Also we could not get the thing to work unless we reduced the max. travel speed to near half of what it was supposed to be able to go.

We also changed the drive to Position from Velocity and still no success.

I have finally figured out the issue. The factory defaults of Pn 400 is set to 33, 401=300, 402=300, 403=100, 404=100. In order to make this machine work I had to increase the torque settings of these parameters as follows, Pn 400=33, 401=300, 402=300, 403=300, 404=300. This increases the torque settings of the motor and now it is outputting the specified torque that the motor is actually rated for. It appears the factory settings of 100 is for their own safety so as not to damage any piece of equipment that these drives/motors are installed on.

I am thankful to have found out the solution and not having to order larger drives/motors.

I am also thankful for the patience of the Centroid Tech team as we tried to work though this. Hopefully this will help someone else's torque, tuning, and speed issues if they have any using the ESTUN drives.
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Estun Servo Tuning

Post by martyscncgarage »

MRW wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:14 pm Alright Everyone. After a long road of frustration with this thing I have FINALLY figured out the issue of this ESTUN drive setup. Tech support had done a number of Team Viewer sessions on this machine and we where all kind of at our wits end to understand why this thing could not be tuned, and it always seemed that the drives did not have enough power, as you could just lean against the table in either X or Y and it would fault out with an Error 410 Axis (1) position error. Also we could not get the thing to work unless we reduced the max. travel speed to near half of what it was supposed to be able to go.

We also changed the drive to Position from Velocity and still no success.

I have finally figured out the issue. The factory defaults of Pn 400 is set to 33, 401=300, 402=300, 403=100, 404=100. In order to make this machine work I had to increase the torque settings of these parameters as follows, Pn 400=33, 401=300, 402=300, 403=300, 404=300. This increases the torque settings of the motor and now it is outputting the specified torque that the motor is actually rated for. It appears the factory settings of 100 is for their own safety so as not to damage any piece of equipment that these drives/motors are installed on.

I am thankful to have found out the solution and not having to order larger drives/motors.

I am also thankful for the patience of the Centroid Tech team as we tried to work though this. Hopefully this will help someone else's torque, tuning, and speed issues if they have any using the ESTUN drives.
MRW. Very good to hear! You could REALLY help out the next person in your situation by creating a spreadsheet of the parameters and their values that you needed to change and post here. It would be a starting point for the next person.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ